499$ P3 Standard ???

P-2

Reaction score
been hearing a lot about this price but when you go looking online....... NOT 2B found...... Anywhere
Just wondering........

been hearing a lot about this price but when you go looking online....... NOT 2B found...... Anywhere
Just wondering........
Check your Mal-Mart if you have one . Our's have em on sale for 399.
Not authorized dealer but just saying .

Thanks. I did online but they show 569$
Yeah thats what I saw online but not in our store .They do have them in stock at 399. DroneNerds had em for 399. but of course they say backordered . If you have any big box stores like BestBuy ,Sam's or whatever I would look there if not buying from a dealer didn't matter to you before I paid 499. .

You're paying way too much if you're spending $500 on a P3S. By like $200. You should be able to find a P3P for $500 or less, used, and realistically closer to $400.

You're paying way too much if you're spending $500 on a P3S. By like $200. You should be able to find a P3P for $500 or less, used, and realistically closer to $400.
Where to find them new? They all seem to be sold out.
Does DJI still make’m

I bought mine used for $300, with case and 3 sets of props.
IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1751.jpg
IMG_1968.JPG
IMG_1969.JPG

Reactions: Cellblock776
Check your Mal-Mart if you have one . Our's have em on sale for 399.
Not authorized dealer but just saying .

Wally-World in my town was also selling P3S' at $399 around Christmas time last year. They were out by the time I asked about them and were not getting more in. They still had the display model in the case, it was gutted with no electronics. They sold it to me for $40. I'll use it for spare parts for my P3S: top and bottom shells; landing gear; gimbal mechanics; props; motors. Red

The P3S was seen by many as the perfect sUAS for beginners new to the hobby. It was one of those models that lots of people grabbed up to learn how to fly and get comfortable with the controls. It has been out of production for quite a while but it still has quite a following and as they become more rare the price of those that can be found is still staying about the same, not falling lower. If you can find someone who only flew theirs a few times, didn't crash it and then put it into the back of their closet because they never got into the hobby or they decided to upgrade to a Mavic, you may be able to get it for a bargain. Other than that, don't count on it.
For me, I like my P3S and don't plan on selling it but I would love a different P3 model, with better range and options. I would also be able to use my batteries I currently have for my P3S.

Based on what I've seen in Walmart stores and their website, it appears that they're discounting the P3S and selling through their remaining inventory. At least in my area, they're still selling them in the stores @ $399. Their website is sold out with only third-party merchants selling them. If you want one, and can find one for $399 in a Walmart store near you, you may want to grab it.

The P3S was seen by many as the perfect sUAS for beginners new to the hobby. It was one of those models that lots of people grabbed up to learn how to fly and get comfortable with the controls. It has been out of production for quite a while but it still has quite a following and as they become more rare the price of those that can be found is still staying about the same, not falling lower. If you can find someone who only flew theirs a few times, didn't crash it and then put it into the back of their closet because they never got into the hobby or they decided to upgrade to a Mavic, you may be able to get it for a bargain. Other than that, don't count on it.
For me, I like my P3S and don't plan on selling it but I would love a different P3 model, with better range and options. I would also be able to use my batteries I currently have for my P3S.

Exactly!!! I would really love to add a P3P, I don't think I'll ever get my P3S up. They are called the "beginner" or "starter" drone and hear about the "bad" range and the "cheap" controller. The reality is that they are a rock solid foundation of what most or all quads are based upon. The range is more than enough to enjoy, the 2.7k looks amazing, the controller has a solid feel. Just because the price point is lower now doesn't make them "cheap." And knowing many that are less fortunate than those of us than have the ability to own ANY of these drones $300-$400-$500 is still a chunk of change.

Same here. Have 2 P3S’s. One is ‘stock’ that I rebuilt after a building jumped in front of it, and it kinda’ bumped into it. The second is a better bird for distance flights, with Itelite DBS and birdside antennas.

Not really into all the fancy video and pics like some are here, so the P3S’s do well in just flying around just for fun.

Reactions: mcphipps
My P3S does everything I want it to do. I'll never part with it.

Not really into all the fancy video and pics like some are here, so the P3S’s do well in just flying around just for fun.

I'd have to agree with LarBear and the Captain, the P3S is a great value in an entry-level drone, especially for $399. Not very showy, but a well-proven, solid performer that will give you a helluva lot of value and features at that price point. And you just might get one that outperforms the published specs by a considerable margin. I recently upgraded to a P4 to get some additional features but, I have no plans to get rid of my P3S anytime soon because it is such an outstanding performer in range. Buying that drone was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Keep watching E-Bay. Lots of used, albeit risky to choose from. There are still a few new and refurbished P3 Professionals out there.Your batteries and lens accessories are all compatible. Whatever do you, however, avoid Camrise on Amazon and perhaps E-Bay. Bad reputation all around.

That is a heck of a nice deal for 300 bucks. Congrats on grabbing it. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I paid full price on Amazon last year and, being my first sUAS, I wasn't aware of the best places to find deals like that on used or refurbished Phantoms when I bought mine. I just say I paid my stupid tax for not learning more before buying.

Walmart Phantom 3 Standard update:

Ok, I just got back from the Walmart near me that did have a limited amount of P3S drones in stock not long ago, plus one still on display earlier this week. As of today, the display unit is gone, and the shelf tag is gone. No props or batteries either. So I asked a fairly knowledgeable clerk in that department if they had any more P3S drones left in stock. She said, "If that's the one selling for $399, then we're all sold out". Next question: Do they expect to restock it? The answer was, no. Apparently, people have been looking for the Standards and, according to the clerk, all the other stores in this area are sold out as well. That's probably at least six stores, more if you drive another 30 minutes.

I should have grabbed an extra one when they were available. Oh well. If you can find one in a store, it probably won't be there for long.

Reactions: mcphipps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus