4 pro v2 filters

Reaction score
I've not been able to find a set of Polar Pro nd4-nd8-nd16 filters nor their gimble guard on line. Does someone know where I can find them?
Thanks a bunch!

Hey there Maddy
I usually check B & H Photo first but they had none. Try Adorama.
I use this 6-pack of Polar Pro filters from Adorama.

There are several after-market versions of a gimble guard for use with the Polar Pro filter attached to the camera, and I've found them on Amazon and ETSY. I tried a couple that were 3D printed and both put too much upward pressure on the gimble. Also, the part that covers the lens wasn't extended sufficiently to fit with the filter attached and I didn't like how tightly they attached to my P4Pv2 landing gear- really hard to attach and remove. We just received a new printer at work and I am planning to make my own PP gimble guard this week. Feel free to check back on the progress.

Reactions: GFields
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Hey there Maddy

There are several after-market versions of a gimble guard for use with the Polar Pro filter attached to the camera, and I've found them on Amazon and ETSY. I tried a couple that were 3D printed and both put too much upward pressure on the gimble. Also, the part that covers the lens wasn't extended sufficiently to fit with the filter attached and I didn't like how tightly they attached to my P4Pv2 landing gear- really hard to attach and remove. We just received a new printer at work and I am planning to make my own PP gimble guard this week. Feel free to check back on the progress.
Is it possible to find filters that slip over the existing lens p4p pro(rather than screw on). And a lens shade for filming into the sun.

Thank you! I ordered a 6 set from B&H. The Polarpro gimbal guards are not available at this time.

Hey there Maddy

I'll keep an eye out on your progress of the gimbal guard. Thanks

Is it possible to find filters that slip over the existing lens p4p pro(rather than screw on). And a lens shade for filming into the sun.
I've never seen a slip-over filter design for the P4P. It would make sense since photographers use handheld shades & filters all the time in front of their lenses, especially for just a few shots. Obviously we can't hold something in front of this camera. Initially it seemed like alot of work for just a few shots but I've found its worth my time to remove the stock lens and screw down that filter. When I am in bright sunlight or near water, its the best way to get usable shots and protect my sensor.

Would be helpful if the P4P stock lens cover had filter threads added to the exterior. That would save a couple steps at least.

It could be helpful to have a shade that could extend past the lense without being captured in the frame. It would need to attach to the camera itself, light enough not to overwork the gimbal motor, and stiff enough to stay in place at 20mph... I have been successful keeping the sun out most of the time by keeping the camera pointed lower than 90°, but sometimes the shot requires the camera be pointed up.

Reactions: BigL
Last edited:
Reactions: Bernie C
Found gimble guard at Amazon and it is fulfilled by Amazon. While it is not Polarpro, I just thought I would post this in case you needed one. I believe it is the OEM part.

Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Gimbal Stabilizer Lock/Lens Camera Cover (Part 71)

Thank you, Ranger. You are spot on- that's the OEM gimble guard. I use it all the time with the stock camera, however it won't fit over the camera with a Polar Pro or similar thickness ND filter attached to the camera.
Haven't tried yet to print one on the new 3D printer. Hopefully get time to try next week. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers