4,000+ Miles Flown---Anyone Have More?

In other words... He knows what he is doing is illegal (blatenly and repeatedly flying well beyond visual line of sight) and doesn't want to leave a public trail for the FAA to get a hold of.
Didn't I already mention that my eyesight has improved with age? ;) Truly amazing! :cool: My videos were never intended to be shared with anyone else in the first place. They are strictly for my own private enjoyment. Even if you limit yourself to VLOS, too, with poorer eyesight, your neighbors still might get upset at your publicly posted videos of their homes and backyards on every flight. Keeping your neighbors happy is just as important, too! Their privacy is just as important as yours and mine! Happy neighbors, happy life. :cool:

Didn't I already mention that my eyesight has improved with age? ;) Truly amazing! :cool: My videos were never intended to be shared with anyone else in the first place. They are strictly for my own private enjoyment. Even if you limit yourself to VLOS, too, with poorer eyesight, your neighbors still might get upset at your publicly posted videos of their homes and backyards on every flight. Keeping your neighbors happy is just as important, too! Their privacy is just as important as yours and mine! Happy neighbors, happy life. :cool:
oh your flying over them nude beaches.

In other words... He knows what he is doing is.....blatenly and repeatedly flying well beyond visual line of sight.

That's self righteous. Over half the audience here flies beyond VLOS. That's why there's no 2500' range limit, like the 1640' height limit they implemented. DJI could have put a range limit on all phantom craft, but instead they brag and advertise a 7km range. And that's exactly why they command 70% of the market.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
My phantom 4 is ready to retire after all this flying
e4b9312b077239b2b4364874ba4a9071.jpg
I spent 21 hrs and 40 mins less time in the air but still came out beating you on the total distance flown. What happened to your P4P? spending at least 25% of air time just hovering? [emoji23] [emoji23]

It doesn't matter what ridiculous claims you say about your eyesight. It's what the FAA has to say. There is right way and a wrong way to do things. And unless you've gone about it in the legal way to apply for a specific waiver that proves you (and your crew) know what they're doing and can conduct a safe operation, then you are just simply endangering the NAS... for no reason at all other than for your personal enjoyment.

So you're even more naive and reckless than I originally thought. Not only being reckless enough to continually fly BVLOS (and post about it on public forums), but to also be doing it in and over residential areas..flying over population!! The FAA would have a field day with you.

I have a feeling you know this. So you continue to hide all the evidence!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's self righteous. Over half the audience here flies beyond VLOS. That's why there's no 2500' range limit, like the 1640' height limit they implemented. DJI could have put a range limit on all phantom craft, but instead they brag and advertise a 7km range. And that's exactly why they command 70% of the market.

I would like to see the CBO each hobbyist is following along with that allows BVLOS flight. I know the AMA doesn't allow it in theirs.

And companies build production cars with 1000 horsepower that can go well beyond 200mph and surely hit illegal speed limits. What's your point? That doesn't mean there aren't laws in place that limit them. You can't legally go max out a Ferrari on any road you choose. Just because something CAN do something doesn't mean it is doing so legally. This can't really be that diffcult for some to understand.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what ridiculous claims you say about your eyesight. It's what the FAA has to say. There is right way and a wrong way to do things. And unless you've gone about it in the legal way to apply for a specific waiver that proves you (and your crew) know what they're doing and can conduct a safe operation, then you are just simply endangering the NAS... for no reason at all other than for your personal enjoyment.

So you're even more naive and reckless than I originally thought. Not only being stupid enough to continually fly BVLOS (and post about it on public forums), but to also be doing it in and over residential areas..flying over population!! The FAA would have a field day with you.

I have a feeling you know this. So you continue to hide all the evidence!
Now you are trolling!

"12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

Your attempts to derail this thread with personal attacks and your own off topic agenda will not be tolerated, and both are a violation of the PhantomPilots Community Guidelines and Forum Rules.
Community Guidelines
Go create your own thread somewhere else for your soapbox!

Now you are trolling!

"12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

Your attempts to derail this thread with personal attacks and your own off topic agenda will not be tolerated, and both are a violation of the PhantomPilots Community Guidelines and Forum Rules.
Community Guidelines
Go create your own thread somewhere else for your soapbox!

Discussing BVLOS laws in a thread that is based around BVLOS flight is not trolling, nor is it taking the subject off topic. It is directly related, and relevant. And it has an impact on every single person who flies a drone, for professional use, or just hobby use.

Nice attempt to spin things that aren't going your way, though. It was really a cute reply. But do you really just sit back and hope everyone who posts in a thread you started comes in and says "Wow Gadget Guy, so cool!"? And if they don't you just whine violation? Sorry pal, some of us actually know the laws.

Discussing BVLOS laws in a thread that is based around BVLOS flight is not trolling, nor is it taking the subject off topic. It is directly related, and relevant. And it has an impact on every single person who flies a drone, for professional use, or just hobby use.

Nice attempt to spin things that aren't going your way, though. It was really a cute reply. But do you really just sit back and hope everyone who posts in a thread you started comes in and says "Wow Gadget Guy, so cool!"? And if they don't you just whine violation? Sorry pal, some of us actually know the laws.
*Reported* --- Trolling

I spent 21 hrs and 40 mins less time in the air but still came out beating you on the total distance flown. What happened to your P4P? spending at least 25% of air time just hovering? [emoji23] [emoji23]

My phantom4 started to shake from time to time I guess it is aging. I noticed several stress fractures on the lower shell, the motors have different noise pitch compared to when it was young , I think the bearings are rough now like the joints of an old man.
Anyway each flight I feel that it may fall of the sky due to motor failure.

Figured I would throw mine into the ring just to see how beat up I could get LOL
9feced9bb92fdc9e40b8c99f6da8c69a.jpg

5E03CCD6-08B5-4BC1-9987-A7049A924387.jpeg
Here is mine. Fastest speed was chasing a pelican with a tail wind. They can move pretty quick. Haha

My flight time is not all P4. I do not fly very far all the time and most of my flights are short but I have accumulated a fair amount of flight time. I do however take a lot of photos and video and make a decent wage doing so. Some of my stats are skewed because of doing hot swaps (battery changes) without shutting my Inspire 2 or M210 off. I can not do that with the P4P that I fly. I do live in a hot environment so some of my Inspire 1 batteries did get a bit warm :) My highest altitude does appear to be above posted legal limits but it was less than 400 feet above a structure I was recording images of.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 1.27.08 AM.png

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20