3DR Solo

I suggest you go check your local BB and stop believing the crap you read n the internet... Accesories are now available for sale and the GIMBAL is one (althought very limited).. Also was told by a good friend at BB that preoders will start shipping monday morning. They do have batteries by the hundreds....

I don't believe it. Gimbal for Iris is all.

3DR does not have a working gimbal for the Solo to ship !

Reactions: AmosMoses
Someone posted on the Facebook Solo group that a guy is claiming on another forum that he went into a Manhattan NY BB yesterday and walked out with his brand new Solo. ViperNuke must be trolling multilple forums.

Someone posted on the Facebook Solo group that a guy is claiming on another forum that he went into a Manhattan NY BB yesterday and walked out with his brand new Solo. ViperNuke must be trolling multilple forums.

LMAO! Isn't that what you're doing?
I go back and forth between the forums and Facebook pages too BUT I look for useful information and try to be helpful if possible. Not a fan boy here...... I enjoy my Phantoms when things go right and I'll be keeping an eye on the solo too!

Why do so many feel the need to act like little kids jealous of someone else's toys?? Seriously. So juvenile.....

I do think the member you mentioned was less than honest about what he found at BB though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean AM? How am I trolling? How am I posting false information?
So please be specific and tell me how that is what I'm doing, thanks.

What I have done is attempt to separate fact from fiction, and perhaps save someone cab fare across Manhattan if they rush to BB thinking they can grab a gimbal.
Look forward to your interpretation...

Not sure what you mean AM? How am I trolling? How am I posting false information?
So please be specific and tell me how that is what I'm doing, thanks.

What I have done is attempt to separate fact from fiction, and perhaps save someone cab fare across Manhattan if they rush to BB thinking they can grab a gimbal.
Look forward to your interpretation...

Guess it depends on what the definition of trolling is is. I was referring solely to the comment about going from one forum to another and posting information found elsewhere is all.

Not intended to be an attack on ya and on my stupid phone smiles don't post so I couldn't convey my snark properly. Lol!

The misinformation is just really getting out of hand and the fact that so many just want to try to slander any competition other than dji drives me nutz!

Let's face it, there are a lot of us here that will be watching the solo VERY close and hoping it can give other options to dji.

I personally can say that my experience with dji service has been completely satisfactory but having another company to go to is nice if the need arrives!

Guess it depends on what the definition of trolling is is. I was referring solely to the comment about going from one forum to another and posting information found elsewhere is all.

Not intended to be an attack on ya and on my stupid phone smiles don't post so I couldn't convey my snark properly. Lol!

The misinformation is just really getting out of hand and the fact that so many just want to try to slander any competition other than dji drives me nutz!

Let's face it, there are a lot of us here that will be watching the solo VERY close and hoping it can give other options to dji.

I personally can say that my experience with dji service has been completely satisfactory but having another company to go to is nice if the need arrives!

LOL I belong to several 3DR forums. I belong to a couple of DJI forums, and I belong to several Yuneec forums since I currently own drones from those three companies (as well as a handfull of Blade's quadcopters). Sharing information from one forum to another is quite common and is not considered trolling.

Here, let me share some more info I just found out from a different forum:
Several Best Buys have apparently sold the Solo this morning. One member has posted photos along with his BB receipt. Now don't get too upset, this is from our own forum owner's (Jacob) other forum, 3DR Pilots.

LOL I belong to several 3DR forums. I belong to a couple of DJI forums, and I belong to several Yuneec forums since I currently own drones from those three companies (as well as a handfull of Blade's quadcopters). Sharing information from one forum to another is quite common and is not considered trolling.

Here, let me share some more info I just found out from a different forum:
Several Best Buys have apparently sold the Solo this morning. One member has posted photos along with his BB receipt. Now don't get too upset, this is from our own forum owner's (Jacob) other forum, 3DR Pilots.

I'm just steaming mad now! Lol!

As long as it's not misinformation and not my toy is better than yours, I'll not demand your head on a spear......

I just left a local Fry's but they didn't have any in stock yet. Just a display.

I figured Jacob was just stalking me and following me from forum to forum! :}

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I'm just steaming mad now! Lol!

As long as it's not misinformation and not my toy is better than yours, I'll not demand your head on a spear......

I just left a local Fry's but they didn't have any in stock yet. Just a display.

I figured Jacob was just stalking me and following me from forum to forum! :}

Oh man, you'd better set down and calm yourself AM, here is more shared information, but this time from FB: Multiple photos of receipts dated this morning from Best Buy, so they are selling the Solo starting today.
I don't trash DJI. I would trash their customer service, but how do you trash something that doesn't exist? :p
I agree, competition is good. And FWIW, I've owned a P1 since 2013, and a P2 since their release, never had a problem with either!
My 3DR Iris+ dropped from the sky at 80 meters 3 minutes into its second flight. The data log showed it was a failure of the ESC and it was promptly replaced with a new unit. That is the type of service that DJI should aspire for, and perhaps with the growing competition they will realize they need to meet that goal to survive.

I am a cynic about most things internet. However there appears to be many people walking in to Best Buy today with 10% off coupons and taking them home.

Not sure what 3DR meant by first come first serve but this pre-order customer (2 months ago) is NOT happy !

I am a cynic about most things internet. However there appears to be many people walking in to Best Buy today with 10% off coupons and taking them home.

Not sure what 3DR meant by first come first serve but this pre-order customer (2 months ago) is NOT happy !

Yeah, I just called the RC Hobby store where I ordered mine - they still haven't been given a shipping date. I work 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow or I would be hitting the Best Buys in my area right now!

Good luck, I hope you find one. (imagine green jealous face here)

Just paid for one, now have to pick it up at a different store. The wife is punishing me by making me sit in the Coach store while she shops for a purse! Argh....

Update: now I'm being forced to shop for cookware at a "tent sale"! She's really beating me up here!!
Got the confirmation email that it's ready to be picked up though.

If anyone is interested in an honest and unbiased comparison to the p3a,let me know.
Obviously won't be able to compare fpv or video quality but flight characteristics are doable I guess.

Last edited:
My P3A's brotha from anotha mutha!
uploadfromtaptalk1434242048592.jpg

LOL, now I'm sitting here at work debating whether to drive 40 minutes south to a BB that "has some limited stock" that they will sell today. I would arrive about 30 mins before closing with no guarantee they will still have them in stock when I arrive...

I would love to hear a comparison from you.

Very first impression..... It's an ugly sucker for sure!
Went through the required update at first power up. Took a good bit of time BUT I really like that it does the updates over the wireless network!!
Doubt I'll get to put it in the air tonight. Crazy thunderstorms in the area. The only ones enjoying the weather are my dogs.....
uploadfromtaptalk1434244834783.jpg

LOL, now I'm sitting here at work debating whether to drive 40 minutes south to a BB that "has some limited stock" that they will sell today. I would arrive about 30 mins before closing with no guarantee they will still have them in stock when I arrive...

I would love to hear a comparison from you.
Drive....you know you want it...good luck!

Went by the local BB and no luck or kiosk. I'll assume there are a few here in town, just not at my corner store.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did it. They had two, and had sold the first one about an hour before I got there. Got the free battery and bought extra spare props. Used some points and gift cards I had and got about $200 off!
Got home, put the props on, pondered whether it looked like a big black bug while charging the radio and battery. Then went to bed as I had to be up at 0430 for a 12 hour shift today. Will update tonight and fly tomorrow.
Best Buy said their $60 replacement warranty did not apply to the Solo, however others have posted they were able to buy this protection.

A big black bug! Lol! My daughter said it reminded her of the SR71 Blackbird!? She's like her old man and loves anything that flies but, I just don't see that! I'm going with a weird looking bug too!
The Phantom definitely has a more finished look to it. Still friggin raining so I'm grounded. The one thing I'm most impressed with so far is TX. I'm really liking the layout and feel of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl