3DR Solo

AWESOME !

I am a web developer and was about ready to do it as I am hating RCgroups :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Jacob
Lots of negative comments under the video.

Thank you guys for this great conversation. I just wanted to let you guys know that we have launched a new forum for 3DR Pilots: http://3drpilots.com

There you can post new threads about the 3dr solo and other aircraft and be sure that fellow 3dr pilots will be checking it out. Thanks for helping us kick it off!

So I guess we've worn out our welcome here....move along?

Lots of negative comments under the video.
That's every vid I've ever watched a lot of trolls on YT I have never seen a vid without hate .

So I guess we've worn out our welcome here....move along?
I think it's about keeping it organized maybe he'll put the link in the drop down .

Reactions: Jacob
That's every vid I've ever watched a lot of trolls on YT I have never seen a vid without hate .

You know really there wasn't much trolling going on. I think the point of the video was to show the gimbal but the aircraft drifted off as in ATTI mode and flipped on landing once.

So really wasn't the best showing for the Solo.

I bought an Iris+ in January and enjoyed a 10 minute maiden flight at about 40 meters around my cul-du-sac. A few days later I took it out and 6 minutes into the flight at an altitude of 60 meters, the motors stopped and it crashed to earth. Two legs broken, the shell, and the carbon fiber frame both cracked pretty bad. It looked trashed. I sent the flight logs in and it was an ESC failure. 3DR replaced the quad within week.
I had some difficulty connecting to the PC to update the replacement, so I called 3DR's tech help. After maybe a 6 minute wait I connected with a great lady in tech support that talked me through what I needed to do to update and get the new Iris+ airborne. I can't imagine that with DJI.
The Iris+ has been great since.

Ok, moving to the new forum. Thanks Jacob for setting it up!

Reactions: Jacob
can't decide which one to get.
guess i got to get one of each.

3drsolo.jpg

Haha! Should add a line to that poster "How to build a business and book shoots on a product that hasn't been cosumer tesed or released yet" based on all the whiners on the 3DR forum who claim they had shoots already scheduled and that 3DR is ruining their business by not releasing the Solo in time to meet their booked filming schedule...

Haha! Should add a line to that poster "How to build a business and book shoots on a product that hasn't been cosumer tesed or released yet" based on all the whiners on the 3DR forum who claim they had shoots already scheduled and that 3DR is ruining their business by not releasing the Solo in time to meet their booked filming schedule...

Almost as funny as fan boys of any one particular company and people who can't understand how competition benefits us all! LOL! jmho.... ;}

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GoodnNuff
So i went to my Local BB in Manhattan NY today and got a gimbal and a pair of batteries... Will be picking up the Solo Wed Morning. If anyone instrested, BB on 62ND AND BROADWAY has the Solo on Display and Accesosries for sales right on the shelves. This hobby is killing my wallet... Curently own a P2, A Vison+ , A I1, A P3P and now a Solo... I need HELP LOL..

Reactions: AmosMoses
So i went to my Local BB in Manhattan NY today and got a gimbal and a pair of batteries... Will be picking up the Solo Wed Morning. If anyone instrested, BB on 62ND AND BROADWAY has the Solo on Display and Accesosries for sales right on the shelves. This hobby is killing my wallet... Curently own a P2, A Vison+ , A I1, A P3P and now a Solo... I need HELP LOL..

They had the gimbal?? You need to post pics of that then!! Don't think anyone has even seen one yet!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wasn't a 3DR Solo gimbal. They won't be released for at least another month.

I suggest you go check your local BB and stop believing the crap you read n the internet... Accesories are now available for sale and the GIMBAL is one (althought very limited).. Also was told by a good friend at BB that preoders will start shipping monday morning. They do have batteries by the hundreds....

I suggest you go check your local BB and stop believing the crap you read n the internet... Accesories are now available for sale and the GIMBAL is one (althought very limited).. Also was told by a good friend at BB that preoders will start shipping monday morning. They do have batteries by the hundreds....

I heard mid to late June for the gimbal, so it's possible for sure! You would be one of the first that I've heard with a consumer release!!
Sure would be nice of ya to post a pic OR even better yet a video! That would be cool. You'd get a lot of hits on YouTube;) for sure!!

Yup!

I just called the BB in Federal Way, Washington, was told that they will have a limited supply of the solo released on Weds., along with batteries and props. The backpack and gimbal are not available yet, with no estimate given by the sales associate.
Checking the website, just as the sales associate said, batteries and props are listed as in stock, the drone, the gimbal and the backpack all say coming soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1