3DR Solo

The Solo initially made me slightly doubt my P3P pre-order... but not any more. Mostly based on videos I'd seen. Maybe there's better Solo video out there, if there is, I haven't seen it.

For example, this footage inside a cage. Is it just me, or is that Solo all over the place (every axis). The dude is constantly adjusting.

The P3 shouldn't have that issue with the sonar capabilities.

Then there's this video. There's not a whole lot of footage from the Solo itself... but what we do see is not very smooth.

Stuff like "Selfie cam" doesn't make up for it if the end result doesn't look professional.

I compare those videos to this one. Keep in mind that the Phantom is completely off balance. There is no counterweight to the GoPro at the end of the stick. So the Phantom 3 is both compensating for the GoPro on a stick AND the video quality is perfectly steady:

I do look forward to seeing what people do with their Solos when they get them. Competition is good.
Wait more 2/3 weeks and 3dr is about to share more videos from the gimbal performance. ;)

2 or 3 weeks, sorry. 3dr already confirmed more videos and reviews, not sure about the time-line, but should not take much time.
I am looking forward to it. Feels like a million years. =D

Yea well we have 3 million to go unfortunately !

I am still looking for deals on GoPro 4 blacks. Looking like $390 range is about as cheap as they get.

They can't afford to fail to deliver so a delay, if required, is the best way to go.

It's a double-edge sword....

The P3 is a well defined, 3rd generation target, and makes it easy for 3DR to ID faults and look for areas to innovate and differentiate.

Thus the P3 is also their benchmark and likely what most people will use as the primary comparator.

So they know what the consumer's expectations are now they have to be able to deliver.

I am still looking for deals on GoPro 4 blacks. Looking like $390 range is about as cheap as they get.
That's good deal I paid $500 . I just couldn't wait :mad:

well i took my phanton 2 vision out today.
it flew great.
only one problem.
when i got to about 400 feet i started seeing two of them.
neet huh?

i just got the GP4 black also, now its just a waiting game.

Got my GP4B yesterday as well. Gives me a few weeks to learn the camera. The live view GP app is really a neat feature and will reduce the learning curve to what works best.

where is the cheepest place to buy a go pro hero 4 black face?
link please.
thx D

After the unit is released and everything fairs well, I'm gonna buy Colin a beer or two. The guy has earned one while peddling this to a variety of people...

to all that answered my question thx.
i got one for 435.00 new.
thx D

I just read that. Good info. And before anyone freaks out apparently the altitude limit of 400' is really adjustable up to 400' or "unlimited"

Reactions: dirkclod
This is the most important and worth noting part of the entire article! If it's true and they keep their word!

"If you crash or lose connection, the app will prompt you to instantly create a service ticket, which you can submit instantly through your mobile device’s internet connection, wherever you’re flying. If the flight log shows that a system malfunction caused the loss of your copter—the dreaded “flyaway”—3DR will replace the copter and the gimbal if one was installed, and we’ll even give you credit to buy a new GoPro."

Thank you guys for this great conversation. I just wanted to let you guys know that we have launched a new forum for 3DR Pilots: http://3drpilots.com

There you can post new threads about the 3dr solo and other aircraft and be sure that fellow 3dr pilots will be checking it out. Thanks for helping us kick it off!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl