3D printed materials

Reaction score
So has anyone created any 3D printed gimbal guards that are more secure at holding the gimbal stationary while in the bag?

I couldn't imagine an aftermarket guard that's better than the one that is supplied. It took a bit to learn to get it on correctly, but after installing it properly, I've never had it come off.

Reactions: vinnnocc
Can you show me how to put the supplied one on? Mine was off when I opened the box.
Thanks

So has anyone created any 3D printed gimbal guards that are more secure at holding the gimbal stationary while in the bag?
There in only one listed on ebay. The aftermarket ones are so much better. However, it's listed at $25 which is too much. I'm thinking the price will drop once more are on the market.

I couldn't imagine an aftermarket guard that's better than the one that is supplied. It took a bit to learn to get it on correctly, but after installing it properly, I've never had it come off.
Try an aftermarket gimbal lock and lens cover. So very nice!

Can you show me how to put the supplied one on? Mine was off when I opened the box.
Thanks

Here are some photos:

Guard 1.jpg Guard 2.jpg Guard 3.jpg Guard Rear.jpg

Hope that helps!
Chris

Reactions: mightybhwk
the reason I'm asking is because the tab at the top where u insert it into the gimbal was laying in the bottom of my box. I notified DJI and have not heard a response from them yet about a replacement. But thanks for the reply

Thanks Chris for the pics. I couldn't remember how it was on. Super simple after i saw your pics.

the reason I'm asking is because the tab at the top where u insert it into the gimbal was laying in the bottom of my box. I notified DJI and have not heard a response from them yet about a replacement. But thanks for the reply

Oh, your guard arrived broken. Boo. That's why you need a replacement or a third party solution. Yes, I'd personally be afraid to transport my Phantom very much without the guard in place.

Good luck!
Chris

Yeah, the use of micro fiber towels wrapped around the gimbal in my back pack is getting annoying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj