3D Noise Reduction In Phantom 4 Pro and DJI GO app 4.0

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I am trying to get in contact with someone that has a similiar setup to mine so a Phantom 4 pro and an android Phone with the DJI GO app installed.

I see some small artifacting in the recorded video similar to what i've seen some people reporting with the Phantom 4 non pro. They talk abou disabling 3d Noise reduction in the app but for some reason I can't see the setting.

Can anyone that have a Phantom 4 pro send me a screenshot of the 3d noise reduction switch in the app?

Thanks for the help and hopefully this thread can also help some people strugling with the same mistake

Take care guys

The little circle button which is either your camera or recording (right side) whatever you are doing at the moment there should be a little settings menu under that click on that it's in there once you get there, it's settings again up top. Honestly you have to get acquainted with the app the only way to find everything so you might as well start now

The little circle button which is either your camera or recording (right side) whatever you are doing at the moment there should be a little settings menu under that click on that it's in there once you get there, it's settings again up top. Honestly you have to get acquainted with the app the only way to find everything so you might as well start now

Thanks for the reply.
The thing is it's just not there look!
oElnIlf.png

Do you have a Phantom 4 Pro that have the option available? Because I'm starting to think that this option is not available on the Phantom 4 Pro

Wait are u using android or ios? I have an android device and its def there just checked again.

Wait are u using android or ios? I have an android device and its def there just checked again.
I'm using an android device, more specifically a Pixel XL.
So the setting is only available when in photo mode? You are saying that I should switch to the Photo mode and then go to the same menu and the option will be there correct?

I also have tried another android phone (Moto g4) with no sucess either

I'm using an android device, more specifically a Pixel XL.
So the setting is only available when in photo mode? You are saying that I should switch to the Photo mode and then go to the same menu and the option will be there correct?
I also have tried another android phone (Moto g4) with no sucess either
Yess sirrr

Bump. Looking for the same thing, keep dealing with bad artifacting (especially in the shadows) and one of the recommended things was to turn off 3d noise reduction. Which i have never seen, i also can't seem to get the 'scroll wheel' on the right of the controller to do anything. Usually I was shooting D-Log (4k or 2.5k ) but the footage is grainy and almost unusable (at least the shadows are a mess ) when in post. Color grading is great with d-log but pushing anything that wasn't exposed perfectly seems to fall apart like playing catch with a spaghetti ball.

Reactions: deezid
Also wondering about it.
Dynamic range seems great using D-log, seems to be around 11 stops, not bad!
But the overprocessing looks terrible.

Is it still possible to deactivate the 3D Noise Reduction?
Saw this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That would be one step.

Does the Phantom 4 Pro smooth fine detail out like the Mavic does anything below sharpening at +1?

I can't find the "Disable 3D Noise Reduction" setting either. Camera or Video setting. What's up with that? It's just not there. Did DJI change the name of the setting in an update?

I'm having the same issue with artifacts in finely detailed areas (tall grass) and areas with very subtle color shifts (a large sandstone rock or subtle shifts in blue swimming pool water for example).Mainly noticing in closeup and medium closeup. Long-range landscapes seem to be fine. Don't bother with suggested capture settings and export settings. I've tried them all. This is very frustrating.

6qmxvFXbTnas9rykgRF3OA.png

Here's the problem with this thread: The OP references a Phantom 4 PRO ["Can anyone that have a Phantom 4 pro send me a screenshot of the 3d noise reduction switch in the app?"]; the video he uses to explain the issue is a Phantom 4 (not PRO). The replies from well-meaning pilots also use examples from a Phantom 4 (not Phantom 4 PRO). If my hunch is correct, the Phantom 4 PRO does not have a setting for "3D Noise Reduction". I have a Phantom 4 PRO and cannot find a setting for 3D Noise Reduction. I have the same issue and also cannot find a way to disable 3D Noise Reduction.:cry:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic