3D Mapping in mountainous terrain

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at mapping an area in the mountains with considerable elevation change (over 700 feet). I've played with DroneDeploy, DJI GroundStation, and Pix4D, but haven't really found an option for "terrain follow"- where the drone stays the same distance from the ground underneath it. Has anyone found a solution, with any of the above apps, or otherwise?

Hi all, I'm looking at mapping an area in the mountains with considerable elevation change (over 700 feet). I've played with DroneDeploy, DJI GroundStation, and Pix4D, but haven't really found an option for "terrain follow"- where the drone stays the same distance from the ground underneath it. Has anyone found a solution, with any of the above apps, or otherwise?

Drone Harmony has terrain follow capability called "Terrain Aware". I believe you need the DH Plus license:

Reactions: JCFP
You can use Terrain Follow with Map Pilot from Maps Made Easy also. It’s an add-on to the basic level.

Map Pilot is very reliable. The only downside is that it works only on iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20