360 degree panoramic shots with intelligent flight modes

Thanks
You still need the controller switched to F mode and you can cancel and resume control anytime.
You just can't run the GO app at the same time.
Guess I am going to have to purchase an Android device.:D Thanks!

I like the review from Jono Millin, the founder of DroneDeploy, "Great to have early access to the DroneDeploy app. So excited it works with my Phantom 3!"

Uhh, yeah. Of course you have early access, its your app! =) I actually met him about a year ago when he and his partner were test flying a super early version of their hardware at the park where I fly..Incredibly nice guy!

Before you start putting out $$ for PTGui and Autopano Giga, have a look at Microsoft ICE for a much more affordable (free) program.
None of them are perfect for every stitch-up and sometimes you can use one for something the others just don't do.
Here's a huge 360º pano I just stitched in ICE
DJI_0126-150aa-X2.jpg

I tried MS ICE, Hugin, and PTGUI, and PTGUI is the only app that stitch all pictures together in the right way. It works also perfect with a 4 row Panorama. It's not free, but worth the money....

I just opened a trial account with PTGui for 360 Panos. I like it. How do you share the 360 Pano? Do you upload the final 360 Pano file to PTGui and create a shareable link to the Pano? Or do you have to upload the Pano file to your own hosting account? Is it required the receiving party have PTGui install on their end? Can they simply click the link and view it in their browser? Thanks in advance...

I just opened a trial account with PTGui for 360 Panos. I like it. How do you share the 360 Pano? Do you upload the final 360 Pano file to PTGui and create a shareable link to the Pano? Or do you have to upload the Pano file to your own hosting account? Is it required the receiving party have PTGui install on their end? Can they simply click the link and view it in their browser? Thanks in advance...

You can do it via PTGui Publish to Website or there are now quite a few other independent websites which allow you to share panos, some free, some not. Google. Facebook now also recognises a pano photo when it is uploaded.360 Photos | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

I may be wrong but I believe the PTGui Viewer or similar plugin is needed to view the pano on the PTGui website.. (LATER) Yep - I was wrong! - After a bit research it seems that once uploaded, something like Flash, CSS3D or WebGL is used by the viewing person's computer. The Flash plugin is available on most computers.

Here's their FAQ page. Support / FAQ - PTGui Stitching Software

Another useful tutorial

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristina Fowler
You can do it via PTGui Publish to Website or there are now quite a few other independent websites which allow you to share panos, some free, some not. Google. Facebook now also recognises a pano photo when it is uploaded.360 Photos | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

I may be wrong but I believe the PTGui Viewer or similar plugin is needed to view the pano on the PTGui website.. (LATER) Yep - I was wrong! - After a bit research it seems that once uploaded, something like Flash, CSS3D or WebGL is used by the viewing person's computer. The Flash plugin is available on most computers.

Here's their FAQ page. Support / FAQ - PTGui Stitching Software

Another useful tutorial
Here's the reply I got back from PTGui: You can find all information here (5.16): 5.16. How can I show a panorama on my website? Although I'm still not totally clear, I'm going to assume if you upload all of the relevant files that PTGui generates for your Pano to a dedicated folder on your hosting account (which I have), you can share the resulting .htm link, and anyone can view it by simply opening the link in their browser. Thoughts??

**In addition, I'd be interested to know how you can add an annotation or tag for a particular point-of-interest - even clickable for further reference for that POI.

Last edited:
Yes, info 5.16 is from the 3rd link I posted.

Also yes - that seems to be how you do it. The method is shown in the video link I posted.

On the last question, I'm sorry - I don't know. I don't share my panoramas online but maybe some more research will point you in the right direction or someone else will be along soon to help you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20