32 channel black pearl/250mw transmitter

Reaction score
I'm slowly starting to get to grips with some of the terminology and some of the parts used in RC FPV. Enough at least to be able to post this question here.

I've read that 600mw video transmitters do not go well with 32 channel monitors like the flysight blackpearl. I also understand that going up in transmitter mw power scales terribly with distances gained. I bought my Phantom 2 with a 250mw fatshark transmitter, at the time of buying I had no idea about such things, hence I am now wondering if my set up is right for what I want to achieve. Which is, a good strong reliable as possible video link up to 1000 meters. I'm not interested in going beyond that but if that happens as a by-product of improving my video link then that's ok.

Does a 250mw transmitter not mix well with a 32 channel monitor like the 600mw? If so, would using one of those uno or duo receivers fix the issue for me? Or is there a different transmitter I could buy that would work better with the 32 blackpearl?

Phantom 2 (v2)
Fatshark 250mw transmitter
Anti-interference board
Mini IOSD
Zenmuse H3 3D
ImmersionRc Fatshark 5.8ghz Antenna Set

Edit.......OK so I just read in another thread that it's the channel frequency's that don't quite match up. And it's looking like the 250mw transmitter mite have the same issue. My transmitter is a TX, I've noticed that there is a VTX available. I will have a look and see what frequency's the vtx uses and see if they match up with my blackpearl.

Its your antennas that will make the biggest difference in FPV quality/range. It worth going for a high gain (look for 9db or greater) matched set of 3. Mine is from Horizon Antennas in Wales, UK

I must be barking up the wrong tree here because this RC801 blackpearl has the same frequency's as the the fatshark transmitters, 25mw, 250mw and 600mw.

Thanks for reply. Yes I'm aware that antennas are the best way to improve signal, I was just wondering if my set up was less than Ideal. I will have a look at that shop, thanks.

Mines a 32 channel RC801 with a IRC 600 and I have had it out 1.5km on a once of test run in my early times (all LOS now) and still had clear video.

Why all this talk about IRC 600mw not pairing with Blackpearl very well? According to the Blackpearl manual the frequency's match up fine. And your experience shows that there is no issue. Perhaps all the blogs and threads I have read are old and irrelevant now with updated parts on the market.

petedread said:
Why all this talk about IRC 600mw not pairing with Blackpearl very well? According to the Blackpearl manual the frequency's match up fine. And your experience shows that there is no issue. Perhaps all the blogs and threads I have read are old and irrelevant now with updated parts on the market.

It is more than just the frequency - the bandwidth is not the same for immersion/Fatshark products and some of the 32 channel receivers. That is why Blackpearl makes a 7 channel monitor (for Fatshark compatibility) was well as a 32 channel monitor.

A mis-match tx rx will work as long as they are close enough and have a strong signal, but when the signal gets weak everything breaks up. More gain in the antenna's will help a little but not fix the real problem. I use an immersion due receiver that matches the Fatshark tx and feed its video signal into a monitor for best results.

petedread said:

hey mate... I read your other posts and would like to try to help... disconnect yourself from the idea that the power rating of the transmitter (250mW, 25mW, 600mW, 1000mW) has anything to do with compatibility.

I don't think anybody is clear on the exact reason, but too many people around here have confirmed the issue so it's definitely happening: The ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter has some sort of compatibility issue and seems to not work well with the Black Pearl 32ch diversity receiver.
Yes, the frequencies should be compatible but like I said dozens if not hundreds of people here have all confirmed the issue... also that with the same IRC600 transmitter, the 7ch Black Pearl and the 32ch Boscam RX-LCD5802 both work fine... same frequencies, same antennas... the only difference being the display.

Of course you can find exceptions to anything, there are guys with the IRC600 and 32ch BP and it works fine... so good for them :) but too many people DO experience problems to ignore it.

So, you have a bunch of options here. You say you want a FPV system that will be rock solid out to 1000m or more? I can do that easy and it'll be cheaper than the IRC:
IOSD Mini of course
Plug and Play P2 FPV cable for Boscam transmitters and iOSD
Boscam TS353 400mW transmitter (linked in FPV components stickythread)
FPVLR 5.8Ghz Pentalobe antenna for transmitter
Boscam / Neewer RX-LCD5802 diversity receiver. search around, they can be found for $130-$140
FPVLR 5.8Ghz 4.25 turn helix receiver antenna.

donezo. this is my setup, and I've been out to 1700m in the country, and over 1000m in the city. I didn't cover every possible peripheral like display mounts and such, check the "lowest prices" stickythread for more info

Thanks guys for the reply's, So what if I swaped my fatshark transmitter for a boscam one, as these are probably cheaper than 7 channel blackpearl monitors or duo receivers.

If I was to buy a duo receiver, how do I set that up? Is it just a cable/cables to the blackpearl monitor and antenna on the duo, oh and of course a battery to power it?

Just to clarify, it's not that I didn't believe the problem existed, I was just confused by the reply's, indeed I think I may be experiencing this issue.

I'm just one person with an opinion, but I am pretty good at this stuff...

You don't want the AVL58. trust me.

Also, don't get anything in the Boscam TS8xx family. they aren't real Boscams (long story) and don't use the same connector so you can't use the nice Plug and Play cable.
If you're going Boscam, start with a TS353. they work just fine as long as you get good antennas I've been over a mile (1700m) with the setup I just posted in my other post. Have you read my "lowest prices" stickythread? I just updated it today to make it more clear, and it's got a link you can use to get a TS353 for very cheap.

on the RECEIVER side, the easiest thing you can do is get a nice display with a 5.8Ghz receiver and battery built in, such as that 7ch Black Pearl or my recommendation the RX-LCD5802. That way you don't have to worry about batteries, separate receivers, or any of that nonsense. your little 7" screen just does it all for you. keep it charged, plug in an antenna, tune to the right frequency and boom, done.

basically the list I just posted in my previous post is the cheapest , easiest and best performing option.

Thanks again for the reply QYV. I will be going straight to your sticky after typing this. So the best way to go is buying another display rather than getting a transmitter to match the 32 channel BP. I will have a look for the displays that you recommend, and the helix antenna.

petedread said:
Thanks again for the reply QYV. I will be going straight to your sticky after typing this. So the best way to go is buying another display rather than getting a transmitter to match the 32 channel BP. I will have a look for the displays that you recommend, and the helix antenna.

I should have thought of this before:
the Boscam TS353 should work fine with your 32ch BP... the only compatibility issue with the IRC600 transmitter. so all you really need to get rid of is that 250mW transmitter. I'd at least TRY it before ordering a new display

and of course you'll want that Boscam PnP cable to tie everything together in the Phantom

Yes and I will need a adaptor for the antenna.

It looks like all the online shops have updated there websites to give proper names to skyzone and boscam transmitters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl