30m height and 50m distance limit??

I took the bird up for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't let me go past 50 metres out and 30 metres up. I have set my height to 500m and no limit in distance on dji go app.

I had full bars signal. It must be a restriction of some sort. Anyone know how to fix this or what we need to do?

Thanks guys I hope you all had a great Christmas!!
Are u getting a good GPS fix? If I take off I a heavily wooded area or one with low or no GPS signal it will limit u until you get a GPS signal

Yeah it had full gps signal. Since that one time it has not happened again so hopefully it was a one off thing.

I used to get compass warnings. High wind warnings. Bad signal warnings. Also lost connection or the screen turned off while flying, that can be nerve wrecking. In the end I simply got fed up with the ***** thing and sent it back. I have had two previous models P3 etc so I did know how to fly and could navigate the software/controls etc. I got a replacement p4p and apart from the **odd problem all appears to be fine. So it may not be your location or you. It could just well be the Phantom itself.

** The odd problem. I flew till one battery was almost flat. Landed. Swapped it for a freshly charged battery. Took off. Would not fly above a certain height or go beyond a certain distance. Beginner mode was definitely off. Turns out you have to land. Swap batteries. Turn machine off. Turn machine on. All is good again. Lesson learned.

I took the bird up for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't let me go past 50 metres out and 30 metres up. I have set my height to 500m and no limit in distance on dji go app.

I had full bars signal. It must be a restriction of some sort. Anyone know how to fix this or what we need to do?

Thanks guys I hope you all had a great Christmas!!
So, I haven't seen any real limits on mine. If I update the software, will these restrictions be imposed?

Nuh you should be right. Only happened to me the one time. In fact after that I updated to the latest firmware and have had no issues, other than the very sensetive interference warning which I don't get when I use Litchi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik