30m height and 50m distance limit??

Reaction score
I took the bird up for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't let me go past 50 metres out and 30 metres up. I have set my height to 500m and no limit in distance on dji go app.

I had full bars signal. It must be a restriction of some sort. Anyone know how to fix this or what we need to do?

Thanks guys I hope you all had a great Christmas!!

I believe it may be in beginner mode

Reactions: embayweather
Welcome to the flying game partner.
1600+ ft. Is 500m
Set for 121m
After updates I had the distance issue. A shutdown and restart fixed me.
U may need updates. Many will tell you not to, but I never have issues....well, !

OK so I took it out again this morning and it all seemed fine. Went out just over 2kms and back. Only issue I found it was telling me there was strong interference and strong wind velocity for a while, then it stopped complaining. There is absolutely no wind out there this morning, and as for interference, I always flew my P3S from exactly the same spot and it NEVER gave me this warning, EVER.

Different sensors. Are you flying 4pro?
Heed the warnings even if the other never did it. Glad you got your flight on.

Different sensors. Are you flying 4pro?
Heed the warnings even if the other never did it.
Yeah 4 Pro. So you're saying I should listen to those warnings? But there was absolutely no wind and I got a wind warning. As for interference I do have a set of powerlines running near my house.

Power line new maybe giving you the interference and I got those wind warnings too when no wind evident. Maybe upper level wind or I got mine in sport mode when I was wide open near 299 ft

Reactions: Solly747400
Yeah 4 Pro. So you're saying I should listen to those warnings? But there was absolutely no wind and I got a wind warning. As for interference I do have a set of powerlines running near my house.
According to DJI, the High WInd Warning shows when the Phantom detects you are flying in a wind of 7 metres/sec or more.
That's not a particularly strong wind, and one the Phantom can easily deal with.
It would only cause a problem if the Phantom was far away and was left to RTH on its own.

My 2 P4P units have given both of those warning since day one, and more so as the software matures, I never completely disregard it, but take it as a reminder of what the craft sees that it is dealing with (any wind naturally occurring or self generated through flight, or RF interferers) and I ALWAYS fly with caution. Never a problem for me to acknowledge and move on, bit of a pain sometimes but better than NOT being told and having a fly away or something because of it.

(backgound)I've been flying mine for about a month+ and I've always had the Strong interference warning. 2 Flights were in a rural location where we have trouble with phone connections because they are weak. the rest has been in a metro area where I would expect it. I have the plus model and have never dropped a connection.
So my question is how do I tell if I should not fly because of it?
I have a different P4P+ now because of user accident so I am not sure this one will have the same issue.
And how did I turn on the Italics type face lol

Your P4P/P4P+ will always give you those warnings if working properly, take heed and proceed with caution as you always would. There is simply no way to know if some strong interferer will take you out while flying, if there was a big enough issue it wouldn't take off or you would see erratic behavior almost immediately. There is only one way to be sure your safe, never fly again. But the reality is that an awful lot of complex RF communications needs to occur just to get to the "Ready for Takeoff" point and have a picture on your screen, if all that work smoothly and as expected then go flying, but always treat it like it's worth what you paid for it.
IMHO

Oh, and the italics is right at the top of the reply window you were typing in along with B for Bold and U_ for underline
:)

upload_2017-12-25_20-47-51.png

I know I saw a graph of the channels and thought maybe you could select a good channel manually but I assume that the P4P will select the best channel and switch if it would have an issue.
Sorry just Thinking out loud.
Yeah I know about the buttons but it just changed in the middle, must be an added feature lol

Control I will turn it on and off, you must of hit that by mistake, I do it often when I go to hit the shift key for a cap letter :)

Yes you can pick your own channel in the setup, when I have insight to interferers I have picked a channel to stay locked onto, but usually I let the system decide.

take it as a reminder of what the craft sees that it is dealing with (any wind naturally occurring or self generated through flight, or RF interference)
The wind warning is for real wind only. Otherwise it would always be on the screen.
Interference is common in urban areas but not necessarily a problem.
It could be close to the launch point and disappear as you fly further away.Worst ase for
Worst case for bad interference is that you lose signal and your Phantom initiates RTH.

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
I have personally never had a flight without that warning, regardless of how light the winds might be. I continue to check drift in Atti mode at altitude to see direction and speed before I go flying off. Seems the aircraft warns that there is "strong" winds even when it doesn't appear to be strong at all according to Atti drift speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94