3000 ft

Reaction score
Well, after owning my p3a for a week, I finally worked up the courage to do a long range test. Made it to 3000ft line of sight before it started to lose signal. Started getting red "no signal" so I turned around and high tailed it back. I live on the top of a hill so I can see a ways off. Probably 2 miles. Was in pgps mode. How can get more distance? Wind surfer? I'd like to be able to at least go 1 mile.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also, my video feed started going out as well.

The wind surfer is the only range extender that doesn't void your warranty. It's inexpensive and very portable too, easily storing in a backpack If you buy the two piece version. I've been over two miles but go 1.5 to 1.75mi all the time, limited by battery most the time.

After the warranty period is up you may want to try other antenna solutions that require internal modifications to the controller. It will depend on your preference for portability to store inside a backpack or other cases. They are difficult to fit in precut case inserts, but the range performance is great due to the increased DB signal gain.

Last edited:
I just ordered my windsurfer (await delivery)
Just done my stock second range test today got to 5000ft with 900ft height that was over a urban area.

You have some great eyes to see it at 3000 feet! I tried once................ made it to about 2300 because I watched it the whole way. Once taking an eye off it it, it's over.

I just ordered my windsurfer (await delivery)
Just done my stock second range test today got to 5000ft with 900ft height that was over a urban area.

What country?
Nevermind...Chiner.

They don't care if you fly over crowded areas in Chiner?
Wait a minute....everywhere is a crowded area in Chiner. My bad.

You have some great eyes to see it at 3000 feet! I tried once................ made it to about 2300 because I watched it the whole way. Once taking an eye off it it, it's over.
Lol, wasn't actually watching it but I guess I meant unobstructed path between rc and quad.

Also, altitude was 150-175ft. Should I fly higher?

Oh ya, split visual far out your

guys what is a windsurfer?
You attach it to the top of your remote. :D

15y9d9v.jpg

Made it to 5k feet today, over water. Video started going out but had full signal. Turned around and came back. Windsurfer on order.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl