3000 ft

I've made it over a mile and a half on stock equipment and turned back just to be safe with out loosing signal. Going to order a windsurfer but normally don't want to fly over a mile and a half max 2 miles no reason to be that far away from me in my eyes except to just see how far I can go.

Controller Antenna Orientation to the bird is important...

Flew 6900ft at 300ft altitude a couple weeks ago. Everything stock. No windsurfer. No signal loss at all. No glitches. Just chickened out and flew back. Flying on an abandoned runway, flat landscape, over trees. Perfect conditions, zero wind, blue sky, no one around for miles. Definitely will push it a bit farther next time I'm there.

You attach it to the top of your remote. :D

15y9d9v.jpg
Now thats funny

Controller Antenna Orientation to the bird is important...
I suspect the windsurfer holding the antennas parallel is part of the reason they work surprisingly well - plus they make you more aware of the need to 'point' square on at the phantom.
Clearly there is a useful gain but just acting as if it was there gives improved performance too.

Way too easy to be looking at the screen and your antennas are directing too much towards the ground, or off to the side. They aren't omnidirectional stock.

I've flown to about 6300ft out at a 350ft height with just stock in a city area before I started getting glitches in the vid feed. If a wind surfer get me farther than that, I'd be great. I've been looking to get one anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj