30 minute flight times?

Reaction score
Was able to get almost 30 minutes (29min 11sec) of flight time out of one battery today with no mods or tricks with my P4A. Still had 13% battery on landing. Could have got 30 mins if I pushed it a little longer. Anyone else getting this kind of time?<br />
6adb26d25a56c2d54235a59d136ba149.jpg
<br />
586d962977f8b9cef215c9e8bad55871.jpg

I've always flown for 28+ if the winds aren't too bad and I am not pushing it to the limits of speed. Hovering takes a little more juice than reasonable forward flight, but even just hovering at 200' I can stay up 23-25 usually if the winds aren't strong. Strong winds, 22 minutes or so. I can get the same time out of my P4 standard battery but I have to hold altitude with full up left stick to keep it from auto descending to land while I high tail it back though. Lately I have been concerned because my P4P HC batteries which I think may be lipo HV are dropping in calculated mah capacity but the regular P4 battery continues to range well above rated mah capacity. Still I get the same time out of the batteries in flight so I am ignoring the mah that the DJI smart board is calculating but suspect in the long run they are HV's and may fail early.
YMMV

I've been flying rc for a litle over 9 years and have been flying dji products for a little over 2 years. Haven't got this close to the "advertised" flight time before. I got my p4a when it came out. I could only get around 25 - 26 mins out of the batt that came with it. Bought a new HC battery couple of weeks ago, broke it in, and it seems to fly a lot longer. My Spark only gets 14 mins no matter what I try. I just haven't seen anyone else talk about getting this close to the "advertised" time. It seems I could have got longer than 30 mins out of this flight. Most of the flight was hovering, wich takes more power. And it was 37 degrees (F) out. Maybe I'm just getting too excited. Lol, will do more testing.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I don't really believe in those 30' of staying in the air, because usually nobody stays up there just to measure the time.
If filming something, you must move around and to move up/down and this shorten the battery life.
On average I manage the 23' only with my P4P+. But of course I usually land at around 30% of battery life or at least 20%.
If I drain it out to 1% it would be 30' but no one would fly like that.

I don't really believe in those 30' of staying in the air, because usually nobody stays up there just to measure the time.
If filming something, you must move around and to move up/down and this shorten the battery life.
On average I manage the 23' only with my P4P+. But of course I usually land at around 30% of battery life or at least 20%.
If I drain it out to 1% it would be 30' but no one would fly like that.
I was taking pictures of the sunset. It was nice to get that long of a flight. Some of us don't just "film". The sunset can change a lot in 30 mins. And time laps are better the longer your up there. The point is that I was able to get an advertised flight time. I don't need to fly 30 mins everytime.

I was taking pictures of the sunset. It was nice to get that long of a flight. Some of us don't just "film". The sunset can change a lot in 30 mins. And time laps are better the longer your up there. The point is that I was able to get an advertised flight time. I don't need to fly 30 mins everytime.
I don't know what you thought with 'just film'? Of course it meant the photography as well.

Seems like my P4P will give longer flight time at 15-18mph, but I land when 30% comes up.

I've always flown for 28+ if the winds aren't too bad and I am not pushing it to the limits of speed. Hovering takes a little more juice than reasonable forward flight, but even just hovering at 200' I can stay up 23-25 usually if the winds aren't strong. Strong winds, 22 minutes or so. I can get the same time out of my P4 standard battery but I have to hold altitude with full up left stick to keep it from auto descending to land while I high tail it back though. Lately I have been concerned because my P4P HC batteries which I think may be lipo HV are dropping in calculated mah capacity but the regular P4 battery continues to range well above rated mah capacity. Still I get the same time out of the batteries in flight so I am ignoring the mah that the DJI smart board is calculating but suspect in the long run they are HV's and may fail early.
YMMV
The standard batteries are HV LiPO also.

Squeeze the last drop of juice out of them on every flight and you should expect you will have more rapid deterioration in usable capacity.

Why would you ignore the reported capacity? It’s 99% accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik