3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Re: STICKY: AutoPilot v3.04 Update 5/21: Updated Restriction

v3.02 to v3.04 firmware update for AutoPilot released today 5/21. Description updated @top of thread.

And no, until you see an update in the App Store or Google Play the infamous Waypoints feature set continues to remain a no-show.

iDrone :cry:

Re: STICKY: AutoPilot v3.04 Update 5/21: Updated NoFly Zones

Max descend speed on going Home has now been limited to 2 m/s too.
In 3.02 this was still about 4 m/s.
Ok for stability, not ok for flying at high altitudes...
Wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

today i was flying not even close to an airport and my P2V stopped saying i was in a fly zone!!! to make it worse, i was flying on the ocean a bit far from the coast, my luck, i was close when it was landing so my friend drove the boat under the P2V to grab it!!! thanks dji for all the restrictions and bugs! almost lost my $1200 "toy"

Reactions: MrTommy

I had my first experience with 3.04 over the weekend and I took my Phantom to a park south of KSFO.

Wow, are the pop ups that tell you you're under Class B really annoying. In fact, the "Height Limit Reached" that suddenly blocks out your video view seems to add more risk to flying it.

Let me first say, that I have a pilots license & instrument rating and even I was surprised when the height limiter kicked in at 75ft. I'd estimate I was approximately 2.5nm SE of the SFO Vortac and closest to the departure end of 10L/10R. At that distance all commercial aircraft that I saw were at 2,500-6,000 ft. On this day, it appeared as if they were departing 10L/10R.

Even at 2nm 75 feet seems absurd. I understand the necessity for care, but even doubling this height to 150ft still allows for a ridiculous margin of safety. My God, if you're over Burlingame, CA at 300ft or less, 2nm from touchdown you've got more serious things to worry about than a Phantom...

There's a main board firmware update V 1.0.1.30 that's not listed on the DJI web site. They list it as at v1.0.1.27

I upgraded to V3.04 and it showed the updates as they are listed on the DJI site. A few days ago I checked for updates again with vision assistant software and it installed the above update. I've no idea what the update does.

Fred

Re: STICKY: 7/29 Main v3.06 CB v1.0.1.32 + New iOS & Droid A

Hey, new member here. Before my Phantom I had a Parrot AR Drone, which I crashed and rebuilt numerous times (who really programs an aircraft to cut motor power when the slightest obstruction is hit by one prop/rotor or if the thing inverts?).... so I'm barely a novice with UAS. No crashes with the Phantom (knock wood) yet.... but with the recent firmware and software updates, I have run into an issue I cannot find the answer to.

Yesterday I updated all of the components to my Phantom 2 Vision, I think. The Phantom, controller, and ios app.
Here are all my version numbers:

Vision 2's firmware main controller to 3.06, GPS is 6.0.1.3, Receiver 5.8G is 1.0.1.3, P330CB is 1.0.1.32, and Battery is 1.6.0.0. The controller firmware to 1.0.2.22, and the ios app version to 1.0.42.

When I try to use the ground station and launch, I get an error message to enable GPS mode. My s1 switch is in the top most position, and there is no response on screen when I toggle it either way.

What am i missing??

EDIT:
Update
Found what I was missing. In the Assistant software I was not in Naza-M mode.

Re: STICKY: v1.0.2.30 FW UG for NEW RC adds PPM Out & Energy

This is for the newer controller only. If you have an older Remote Controller with 7th Channel Lever mod - don't upgrade. Details are in the top of the STICKY.

iDrone

Re: STICKY: 11/28 New Firmware v1.0.2.10 for Central Bd

Hello, I have had my dji phantom 2 for about 3 months now and am going to attempt to use the flight assistant software for the first time, I read to make sure the power is connected and will not turn off durring fireware updates but I cant find any info on plugging a wall outlet to the phantom durring update to make sure it stays powered the whole time, how do I go about plugging the phantom in so that it is powered externally? also I have a mac but also access to a pc tablet which would be better for me to use? finally which installers should I use? I have downloaded the following but have not opened any of them yet they are:
RC_System_Installer_v1.2.dmg
Phantom_2_Installer_v3.6.dmg
2-1.4G_Bluetooth_DataLink_Installer_v1.0.0.6.exe
iOSD_Installer_4-1.0.exe

the last 2 i think are pc files and probably wont work for me so maybe I should use a pc or do I not need to upgrade those? I only want to set ATT/GPS mode and FAILSAFE modes and also adjust the gimbal speeds, I also plan to run ground station. Im good with electronics should I just make sure my batteries are fully charged and plug into the computer usb and see what happens? sorry if this is the wrong place for this question I am new to this forum. Thank you for any and all help.

Re: STICKY: 1/23 Apps Updated for iOS & Android

Both Phantom & Remote are battery-powered, so as long as they're charged/fresh you should have no problems. The firmware upgrades go relatively quickly (under a minute) and optional calibration & checkouts only take a few minutes to do. As for the BT Datalink & iOSD installers, you can use Parallels on Mac to run them or a PC. Note: PC's will require a driver installed first (available on the DJI website linked elsewhere in the first post.

Re: STICKY: 3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Hi there
I have had the same problem with my vision phantom 2 + V 3.0, ( wont to connect with my iphone 6)
but now I think that the problem was solved.
Try this:
Go to settings on your iphone app, tap quality preview and then choose 640x480 15 fps, or better yet 320x240 15fps.
Good luck
Cesar

Re: STICKY: 3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Hi there
I have had the same problem with my vision phantom 2 + V 3.0, ( wont to connect with my iphone 6)
but now I think that the problem was solved.
Try this:
Go to settings on your iphone app, tap quality preview and then choose 640x480 15 fps, or better yet 320x240 15fps.
Good luck
Cesar
Re: STICKY: 1/23 Apps Updated for iOS & Android

Both Phantom & Remote are battery-powered, so as long as they're charged/fresh you should have no problems. The firmware upgrades go relatively quickly (under a minute) and optional calibration & checkouts only take a few minutes to do. As for the BT Datalink & iOSD installers, you can use Parallels on Mac to run them or a PC. Note: PC's will require a driver installed first (available on the DJI website linked elsewhere in the first post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers