$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

test video posted!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9QX71Gvqc[/youtube]

not the best of videos but i find comfort in knowing i ordered a gimbal less than a week ago and it's already in the mail. this is how it's supposed to be done..

That taco supreme looks pretty smooth! Although the conditions seem fairly calm, compared to Keri's footage amidst decent winds. But so far so good!

tizzl10 said:
test video posted!

not the best of videos but i find comfort in knowing i ordered a gimbal less than a week ago and it's already in the mail. this is how it's supposed to be done..

True, not the best video. Odd choice of resolution. Also, while not sure, there did seem to be some artifacts of post processing (SW) stabilization (either by Youtube or something else). In any case it's not bad.

For being 3D printed I'm a little surprised at the 170g weight. I would have thought that it could have been done in under 140g but I guess for the extra weight you get more resiliency.

Anyone know what 2208 motors they are using (wonder why they chose to encase the motors).

Can't wait to see test videos (from the early owners) and flight times.

Happy flying (and videoing)

tizzl10 said:
test video posted!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9QX71Gvqc[/youtube]

Nice smooth video, but a little concerned about the tilted horizon and the hints of software post-stabilization.

Can't wait for actual owners videos...I ordered the RP gimbal as well but the more toys/options the better.

Just got a reply from taco.toy,

I asked about the battery on the top, and if the cam can tilt during flight.

This is his response:
Hi, usually we use a separated battery 3s 800mah to power up the gimbal. you could control the tilt level via the phone but you need to connect a wire from the phantom to the brushless gimbal control board. thanks.

Awfullynicefella said:
Me too, #48.

I'm #49

Noël said:
Just got a reply from taco.toy,

I asked about the battery on the top, and if the cam can tilt during flight.

This is his response:
Hi, usually we use a separated battery 3s 800mah to power up the gimbal. you could control the tilt level via the phone but you need to connect a wire from the phantom to the brushless gimbal control board. thanks.

Awfullynicefella said:
Me too, #48.

I'm #49

Ah, so the 170g includes the 3s 800mah battery? That would explain the extra weight.

Maybe..... So where do you stick the battery?
For sure not on the top as this will cover the GPS causing it not to work!

I guess the "11.1 volt?" can be pulled from the P2V itself...

ocatcr said:
The black/red lead as shown in the lower right corner of this image is for the pitch control.
3DPBGP2V%2011.jpg

I'm now guessing the mystery red and black lead, that I asked about earlier, go to the heretofore unmentioned extra battery...
I wonder if the battery comes with it? Seems strange that the earlier provided images on the installation, intentionally hid the "extra battery" situation. :roll:

Still no response to my email...

just going to have to figure out how to tap power from the vision. I don't like the idea of flying with a exposed battery pack.

tizzl10 said:
just going to have to figure out how to tap power from the vision. I don't like the idea of flying with a exposed battery pack.
Nice thing about Paypal, If the product is defective, they get your money back.

Seems odd that they would not pull power from the existing connections (like the other gimbals are doing).

Noel, when you "asked about the battery on the top" what exactly were you asking about? I don't see any battery in the pictures (but admittedly I've not looked very hard, just following the thread.)

This is what I asked
Your gimbal looks great, however I have two more question before I make the order.

1) In your demo video (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tyn6YiSsCA ) I see something on top of the Phantom 2 Vision.
Is this only for testing, or does my Phantom 2 Vision also need this?
2) Can I control the tilt (up / down) from the camera with the remote control during flight?

I hope that you can answer the two questions above.
This is the reply:

Reading the reply Noel recieved reads to me that: For some reason they used an external additional battery, the gimbal won't come ready to tilt but it would be possible to wire the Gimbal control board to the Vision.
Does seem strange that they have not powered the gimbal from the fitted battery or made provision for the tilt, but time will tell.

themosttoys said:
Seems odd that they would not pull power from the existing connections (like the other gimbals are doing).

Noel, when you "asked about the battery on the top" what exactly were you asking about? I don't see any battery in the pictures (but admittedly I've not looked very hard, just following the thread.)

Well that sucks. We'll have to figure this out.

Noël said:
This is what I asked
Your gimbal looks great, however I have two more question before I make the order.

1) In your demo video (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tyn6YiSsCA ) I see something on top of the Phantom 2 Vision.
Is this only for testing, or does my Phantom 2 Vision also need this?
2) Can I control the tilt (up / down) from the camera with the remote control during flight?

I hope that you can answer the two questions above.
This is the reply:

Ah, I see. Looking at that video, my guess (pure speculation) is that they use that battery for testing only (so they don't need to power on the Phantom.) Even if they did use a separate battery (Ex: to use the same gimbal on any platform without any wiring needed), there's absolutely no reason for them to mount the battery on the top of the Phantom like that.

I received my Taco gimbal today. Yup, as we have been speculating, it's got the power leads unattached. :x I definitely don't plan on adding any battery to the P2V just to power this guy. Not feeling the love right now... The cable attachment on the P2V gimbal should have power, I wonder why they didn't devise an attachment to draw from that...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl