$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Moose said:
urgno said:
and from today they also have a new design for the camera holder ;)

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-38/3 ... ell/Detail

a20791c14526c75255d7f4_l.jpg

OK you know your bent when you have insomnia from the ★Which type of Gimbel should I buy mental debate! LOL
I just couldn't stand it and now @ 4:15am I read this post & it may have help in my decision.
Just one big question, is the picture of this new mount shown in the photo, the one that comes with the kit for $259.00??
If so I'm sold. I could not tell from looking at the website...
Thanks for anyone who can help with my question...
Moose

oh wow, they put the IMU on top of the camera..nice new design..i like it.

eXcellent thank you. that will save me 40 grams :)
Noël said:
[off-topic]
@Skipholiday

re: what fm receiver do use with the beacon? what type battery do you use with the beacon? Weight including battery?

Battery comes with the beacon. I think that it is a 3.7 volt LiPo
Weight including battery antenna (RTF) is: 10 grams
I'm using a Yaesu VX5 as receiver with a 3 element boom.

Some pics: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4955&start=130#p55621
[/off-topic]

guess the only way to know is to write them and hope for a reply :)
I ordered mine yesterday afternoon ... hope I will receive the new design :roll:

Taco is giving discount to the users with the older version.
I'm about to order one.

Noël said:
Taco is giving discount to the users with the older version.
I'm about to order one.

what kind of discount is he giving users of the older version? i have the first one that came out with the velco strap.

I also ordered one yesterday and it shipped this morning, I paid for the expedited shipping. I am hoping I get the updated parts..will update the thread once i receive it.

Email taco and ask him what he can do for you regarding discount.
I'm not sure if I can post what he is giving me.

Noël said:
Email taco and ask him what he can do for you regarding discount.
I'm not sure if I can post what he is giving me.

nah, i dont think its worth it..my velco is working fine..gonna leave well enough alone. i do like the new design though but even though the taco gimbal is working, it is butt ugly.

I ordered mine on on monday march 24th.
I forgot to pay the extra buck for faster shipping.
It was shipped on the 26th and i picked it up here in Norway at the post office today April 3rd.

So that means i paid $2 for 8 days of shipping vs $20 for 4-5 days of shipping. I did get a tracking number, but only three events where tracked: departure HK(mar 27), arrival at the customs here in norway (Apr 01) and its arrival to my local post office. FYI :D

Don't have any time this week to mount and test it, but i thought i would post a pic of it.... they did say that the colors would be random, but orange? Anyway... i think like the color even though it looks as cheap as it is.

Attachments

• AdobePhotoshopExpress_2014_04_03_20-42-43.jpg
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_2014_04_03_20-42-43.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 687
Would anyone be able to upload a BGC profile for the v1 mount? My first board had the M-USB port break off but replaced free of charge. My problem is, the new board doesn't look to have the same settings for the side mounted IMU.
Also, does anyone have issues with being able to write new profiles to the board? It seems to update but will not return to live view mode once I hit write. I manually need to remove the usb to power the board down and plug it back it for it to refresh with the new settings.

Many thanks in advance! :D

diggy5451 said:
Would anyone be able to upload a BGC profile for the v1 mount? My first board had the M-USB port break off but replaced free of charge. My problem is, the new board doesn't look to have the same settings for the side mounted IMU.
Also, does anyone have issues with being able to write new profiles to the board? It seems to update but will not return to live view mode once I hit write. I manually need to remove the usb to power the board down and plug it back it for it to refresh with the new settings.

Someone has posted it here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10651
After you click the write button, you need to unplug the usb cable and re plug it.

ocatcr said:
diggy5451 said:

Someone has posted it here http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10651
After you click the write button, you need to unplug the usb cable and re plug it.

Awesome thank you very much, and I ended up getting a profile directly from Taco.

Finally I go the chance to go over to the abandoned amusement park. This park was last open during the summer of 2008 and a lot of the rides have been sold since. For the first minute or 2 in the air I was getting a feel for how the PV was behaving in the wind. The wind was out of my comfort range at steady 15 MPH gusting to 30 MPH. Due to the conditions I flew pretty conservative as well as I didn't attempt a second flight over to the zoo or water park, I'll need to get back when the weather is better. I think the Taco did a pretty darn good job given the wind. I really want to send the PV thru the loop in the coaster which will need to do mostly with FPV.

http://youtu.be/1an5ts6PsCs

Hi all
I ordered one in 22nd Of May and i pay through PayPal
Which is already (COMPLETED) but TACO site
said that they hold my order until i fully funded !!
And i didn't get any feed back from them and no
Shipping date or a tracking number !!
What you guys think should i be worry !!

Cheers

Just want to tell people with my experience with the 3Dpower Taco gimbal:

I purchased the gimbal, it worked terrible, even after 15 hours of adjustments. I decided to return it. I paid for expedite shipping back to HK so I could get my refund more quickly. I e-mailed Taco-RC about my return, told them it was coming and provided them with a tracking number. Never heard anything back from them. I checked tracking yesterday, thinking that the mail must be extremely slow getting there. It was delivered May 21.

I e-mailed them to ask where my refund is. They said "give us a tracking number and we'll check if your gimbal is returned." I mean...c'mon. So I sent them another e-mail with the tracking again and told them if the money is not back on my credit card soon I'm calling my Visa company and having the charge cancelled.

It's ridiculous that they seem to be dicking me around. We'll see how this works out. Taco says they are all about customer service...I say sure, until they have to give a refund; then they are no where to be found.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj