24-25 & 30 FPS

Reaction score
So this year it’s my plan to eek out 110% of both mine and the phantom 4 standards potential. Whilst I convince the wife to let me get a pro....

I’ve been really trying to educate myself on camera settings and trying to make sure what I learn actually goes into my brain lol.

I’ve been playing with photo settings a lot more and am noticing a big difference already.

But I need to start upping my game on videography also.

So I’m again asking a question (sorry about that.)

Not sure if there is a simple answer or not.

What gives the best end result footage 24 / 25 or 30FPS at 4K. Not the full UHD sorry I can’t remeber the size 3840? And another thing to think about the FPS are slightly different if you choose pal or NTSC

I’m wondering if this video could have had better results in 24FPS? It was shot at 30FPS.

Daz

Last edited:
Check out Udemy. It’s an online school on most everything including flying and filming. I have several courses pending but not had time to finish or try out what I am learning.

The courses move fast but can be be viewed as often as needed. They run frequent sales also.
Good luck.
Jim
WA5TEF

I do not know much about photography/videography but recently was reading up on frame rate myself. What I took away from this is 24 FPS is what is used in the movies, if you want your videos to feel like a movie use this, this has the most motion blur, obviously. 30 FPS gives more of a video feel to it but it's not much different than 24. Use 60 FPS and up if you're capturing fast action video and like to slow your video down for slow-motion shots.

There is no right answer to what is the best frame rate, it depends on what you're wanting to do and the effect you want, use the frame rate that YOU like best. But apparently you shouldn't release motion pictures in 48 FPS like Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit because people will freak out.

Reactions: Dazzauk
If you are watching on digital media, a video having frame rate greater than 15 should be in general ok but if you are projecting on a screen with lamps working on ac supply then it’s better to have min 25 FPS or 30 FPS based on the line frequency.

It’s obvious that higher FPS will reproduce better quality but will also increase the size of the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20