2 hours of flight time. Here's a little video.

Pickeringchris said:
I'm loving this thing. The 3d gimble is amazing. Very stable shots considering a decent cross wind today. I'm addicted. Need FPV, want FPV. Lol

http://youtu.be/0-n_J_kyqEs

Haha... Welcome to the wallet emptying hobby ! :lol:

Nothing beats the grin on your face when you fly these things and download the videos for the first few times !!!

I'm still addicted since I got mine in March. I do have some tips. It appears that you are coming straight down during your descent. I recommend moving forward, backward or laterally during your descent to avoid VRS where there is a chance of coming down in your own dirty air and losing stability. Also, try to keep it below 400 feet to help avoid air traffic.

Have fun and be safe. The most important tip is to make sure you have home location recorded as part of your start-up procedures to avoid fly-aways and learn what to do if you experience one.

I look forward to more of your videos.

To give you an idea on altitudes, here are panorama photos. The first from 450 feet, the second from 600 feet. The altitude limit was used to determine maximum height.

What are your limits set at?

Attachments

• North01 Panorama resized.JPG
    North01 Panorama resized.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 593
  • North18 Panorama resized.JPG
    North18 Panorama resized.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 574
Thanks for sharing. I see the Phantom's legs in the video. One trick is to set the GoPro to Medium or Narrow field of view. I remember when I first was flying and I too could not wait to get the FPV. The information provided on the iOSD mini is great.

Pickeringchris said:
I did play with the software a bit but left the max altitude at the default. I forget if that was unlimited or not.

The default limits on the FC40 are 2,000 yards, both height and distance. Yes, you read that right. 2,000 yards. So basically, no limits whatsoever.

phantomi said:
Remember to go down while moving laterally. Avoid VRS.

I land the way that I've always landed RC helis: I fly forward and downwards, pull up into a brief stationary hover about 2' above the ground, and then very gently touch down from there. This is the way that "real" helicopters generally land.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl