2 drones drop out of the sky, none return.

Reaction score
Hi folks, Id like to ask foe some help. I had my p4p shut off as it was landing. Broken camera and props all over the parking lot. Ive had this drone for a while and have had no problem with it until last week. Id like to know what happened but cant tell much after looking at the flight on airdata. Un daunted, 2 days later i flew my p4 and the same dam thing happened, as i was taking off and flyimg away, i hear the same horrible sound of a phantom gitting the ground! 2 in 3 days! I dont know what happened. I used different controllers so that wasnt an issue. I think the p4p battery may have dislodged during the flight, but the p4 still was transmitting when it hit the ground. In fact i turned it over, restarted it and took off to about 4 ft just to see ifit would still do that. HELP can someone assit at looking at the flight data and help me figure oit what went wrong? I feel jinxed!

Thanks guys - here is the link to the flights. If there is another way for you to look at them, please let me know. Thanks again! phantom crashes

Last edited:
Hi folks, Id like to ask foe some help. I had my p4p shut off as it was landing. Broken camera and props all over the parking lot. Ive had this drone for a while and have had no problem with it until last week. Id like to know what happened but cant tell much after looking at the flight on airdata. Un daunted, 2 days later i flew my p4 and the same dam thing happened, as i was taking off and flyimg away, i hear the same horrible sound of a phantom gitting the ground! 2 in 3 days! I dont know what happened. I used different controllers so that wasnt an issue. I think the p4p battery may have dislodged during the flight, but the p4 still was transmitting when it hit the ground. In fact i turned it over, restarted it and took off to about 4 ft just to see ifit would still do that. HELP can someone assit at looking at the flight data and help me figure oit what went wrong? I feel jinxed!
I have had a similar reaction to certain areas I fly in. My drone didnt crash though. Is there any RF distortion in the area? When I find any distortion, I go fly elsewhere. My buddy took his P2 up and over some power lines and he said it was like he hit a wall, his drone did come down.
Did you fly in the same area when your birds lost control? It is possible some RF distortion is responsible.

A couple of quick questions:
We're both of these flights from the same location?
Have you previously flown from this location without problems?
Are there any obvious sources of interference such as cell towers or high voltage power lines?

Please post your flight data for the experts to review and decipher.

All the best, Martin

Is there any RF distortion in the area? When I find any distortion, I go fly elsewhere.
Did you fly in the same area when your birds lost control? It is possible some RF distortion is responsible.
Are there any obvious sources of interference such as cell towers or high voltage power lines?
At worst, RF interference might swamp your control signal causing RTH to initiate, but it won't cause your drone to fly off or fall from the sky.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks guys - here is the link to the flights. If there is another way for you to look at them, please let me know. Thanks again! phantom crashes

The txt files would make it a lot easier
All I see is this text file but this forum wont let me upload it because it says its not a txt file. do I send you a link to it? Thanks!
1597318638676.png

All I see is this text file but this forum wont let me upload it because it says its not a txt file. do I send you a link to it? Thanks!
View attachment 119694
That's not the file that's needed.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Or just post a link to the .txt file after you upload to dropbox ar similar.

Sorry I'm new to this, but my new second hand Obsidian dropped out of the sky from 400'. It just went completely dead and got seriously smashed. From the distance of the battery from the wreckage, I believe the battery may have popped out during a high power climb (more vibration) and sprung away. I can't help being suspicious that the battery is not always as secure as it could be, especially perhaps third party batteries.

Just happened to check my old mails and found this link. 2 weeks ago, after about a 10 minute flight, I was returning home and right over the parking lot that I had flown over a bazillion times, my P4 just dropped like a rock from about 60 feet. It just shut down midflight.

Sorry I'm new to this, but my new second hand Obsidian dropped out of the sky from 400'. It just went completely dead and got seriously smashed. From the distance of the battery from the wreckage, I believe the battery may have popped out during a high power climb (more vibration) and sprung away. I can't help being suspicious that the battery is not always as secure as it could be, especially perhaps third party batteries.
Sent you a message.

I had just posted about my drone loosing power and dropping from 400 ft after only 1.5 minutes of flight with a newly recharged battery. We could hear it and then we just couldn't. Tried to activate the tracking mechanism and got a message of no contact with aircraft. I was in a heavily wooded area so the drone never made it to the ground! Could we be experiencing something natural like sun spots or something!

I had just posted about my drone loosing power and dropping from 400 ft after only 1.5 minutes of flight with a newly recharged battery. We could hear it and then we just couldn't. Tried to activate the tracking mechanism and got a message of no contact with aircraft. I was in a heavily wooded area so the drone never made it to the ground! Could we be experiencing something natural like sun spots or something!
No .. sunspots etc would affect your drone the same way they affect your car - not at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31