2 Crashes in 4 days

What was the air temperature? You can probably assume the ground temperature while it sat there waiting to launch would be much hotter than the ambient air in a desert setting. According to DJI, operating temp range of a Phantom 4 Pro is 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C). I'm sure under certain conditions a desert floor could reach 120F+ in the sun. That may have been a factor that the electronics just couldn't handle, especially the batteries. But just a guess. You did mention cooling it off a bit before flying on previous missions that were successful. However, I don't know what the typical desert temps are at this time of year there.
If it was a temperature problem you should have see a temperature warning. I had a fan wire break and did get a warning.

Hello colleagues, the same problem happened to me with the drone, I was flying in the mine in a dump in Chile and I didn't even get a message my aircraft disconnected the model is a phtamton 4 rtk if someone can help me review the log file I'll leave it loaded

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2023-01-04_[08-47-02].txt
    560.3 KB · Views: 83
Hello colleagues, the same problem happened to me with the drone, I was flying in the mine in a dump in Chile and I didn't even get a message my aircraft disconnected the model is a phtamton 4 rtk if someone can help me review the log file I'll leave it loaded
Here's what a summary of the flight data looks like:
Ignore the crazy numbers in the speed column.
They are the result of an odd glitch in the Phantomhelp analysis.
The actual flight data in the data appears to be normal.

This is one of those frustrating incidents where teh flight data doesn't show the cause of the incident.
It only helps to eliminate some possible causes.
The battery charge level was not a factor as the battery was full at launch and when data ends <4 minutes later, it was at 84% with good individual cell voltages.
The data has no evidence of a collision, it ends with the drone in level flight426 ft higher than the launch point, making 9 metres/second on a heading of 351°.

Normally the drone would be expected to RTH on loss of signal, but the default Failsafe Action was changed to Hover if signal was lost.
The two remaining possibilities are that the drone suffered a power loss and fell from the sky .... or ..
that signal was lost (unlikely).
That would have left the drone hovering until the battery ran down and it autolanded.
The flight data ends with the drone at -20.07967 -69.26779, perhaps the drone ended up near there.

Here's what a summary of the flight data looks like:
Ignore the crazy numbers in the speed column.
They are the result of an odd glitch in the Phantomhelp analysis.
The actual flight data in the data appears to be normal.

This is one of those frustrating incidents where teh flight data doesn't show the cause of the incident.
It only helps to eliminate some possible causes.
The battery charge level was not a factor as the battery was full at launch and when data ends <4 minutes later, it was at 84% with good individual cell voltages.
The data has no evidence of a collision, it ends with the drone in level flight426 ft higher than the launch point, making 9 metres/second on a heading of 351°.

Normally the drone would be expected to RTH on loss of signal, but the default Failsafe Action was changed to Hover if signal was lost.
The two remaining possibilities are that the drone suffered a power loss and fell from the sky .... or ..
that signal was lost (unlikely).
That would have left the drone hovering until the battery ran down and it autolanded.
The flight data ends with the drone at -20.07967 -69.26779, perhaps the drone ended up near there.
Thank you very much this will help me back up what really happened and it was not the operator's fault, I still can't find it, we carried out a photographic campaign in the sector but I can't find it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic