2 axis brushless gimbal problem

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me diagnose a problem with a 2 axis brushless gimbal? I'm trying to figure out if this is something I can fix in settings or if I have a defective unit. Camera wants to tip facing up no matter what settings I select, and when doing most actions in the simplebgc gui v2.2b2 software, I hit write and it fast green blinks endlessly, like hours, until I pull the power eventually. This includes calibrations, this is the reason I wonder about a defective board if it cant be written to.

Hi, can anyone help me diagnose a problem with a 2 axis brushless gimbal? I'm trying to figure out if this is something I can fix in settings or if I have a defective unit. Camera wants to tip facing up no matter what settings I select, and when doing most actions in the simplebgc gui v2.2b2 software, I hit write and it fast green blinks endlessly, like hours, until I pull the power eventually. This includes calibrations, this is the reason I wonder about a defective board if it cant be written to.

Is it an authentic basecam board ?
a lot of the knock offs cant be updated or it bricks the board,

The board uses the IMU and this must be orientated correctly on the gimbal, easiest way is to remove the imu from its holder and then use the BGC software to determine what is up and down and roll, from memory you need to change the AXIS top and AXIS right options on the mainpage to match how the IMU behaves

Thank you! I'm not positive if it is legit basecam or a clone, is there a good way to tell?

Also, I'm sorry but what does IMU stand for? I'd like to explore that further and try to get it sorted out. Thank you!

It appears I am able to write to the board when I have the usb being the only power source going to it. A previous board I had the drone powered on and it worked just fine but this appears to be different. I can now calibrate and when I power on the drone the camera generally stays relatively stabilized, however when I power up the remote, it seems to think that pointing up under the drone is the correct position. I played around in rc settings in the gui but nothing so far. Any suggestions?

It appears I am able to write to the board when I have the usb being the only power source going to it. A previous board I had the drone powered on and it worked just fine but this appears to be different. I can now calibrate and when I power on the drone the camera generally stays relatively stabilized, however when I power up the remote, it seems to think that pointing up under the drone is the correct position. I played around in rc settings in the gui but nothing so far. Any suggestions?

sorry for the late reply,
Never power the board up without a camera in the frame, and never power it up when connected to USB

the IMU is the tiny small board attached via a cable to the mainboard, its the IMU sensor that tells the gimbal board which way the gimbal is pointing thus moving the motors to keep it level, if this board is not set up correctly then it will point down or up incorrectly etc

what remote do you have ? you may need to use the DJI phantom assistant software to set the settings for the gimbal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1