2.689 miles (14198.1 ft) and no RTH - Flight Record

Just dona a quick test to see how far she will go behind me with the FPVLR antennas.
I was facing away from it all the time and I actually managed to get 3000 meters away before my fpv went, flying at 50 meters altitude. I still had full bars on the control signal though.

It flew out to around 1500 meters with full fpv bars and then went down to 1 bar of signal but was still getting a perfect feed to my tablet up till 3000 meters.
I'm very very impressed with the setup.

Wondering what the difference between the non-advanced setup would be. I don't mind the cost difference, but people are clearing 10k feet on stock all the time. Just another thing to have to worry about for each flight (amp battery).

@Lew40 is it easy to take off for storage in a case? Doesn't look like it would be and I was just about to pick up another hard case for my P3.

Well, just went 14,311 ft (2.7 miles) all stock, flying I think about 160' altitude until I had to fly over the tower in the distance that I was using for direction around 9,000' out. I was afraid of hitting the wires on it so I just went above it. Overcast day so it was hard to see anything small. I should have screen shotted it but didn't. This was flown over the empty cornfields of Iowa. Had full signal but turned around because my power bar hit the home point marker and didn't want to fight it. Flew into a slight headwind.

Had a couple of weak signals during the turn but was fine all the way back. Had it back at 39% and took another little spin and landed at 30%. Total flight distance 31,960 ft.

I'll put up a screenshot on Monday when I'm back on my computer.

Last edited:
Wondering what the difference between the non-advanced setup would be. I don't mind the cost difference, but people are clearing 10k feet on stock all the time. Just another thing to have to worry about for each flight (amp battery).

@Lew40 is it easy to take off for storage in a case? Doesn't look like it would be and I was just about to pick up another hard case for my P3.
I think you just get the antennas without the amps with the none advanced kit.
It is easy to remove. Just unscrew the cables off the controller and un-clip the antennas off. Everything is mounted on the 3D printed holder which clips on to the metal carry handle the back end of your controller.

but people are clearing 10k feet on stock all the time
I've just done a 9,842ft flight behind me. Antennas were pointing in the opposite direction.

Reactions: joop7777
Forgot to ask in my post above, does 14,311ft give me the record? Only mod is the sticker with my phone number on it.

Well, just went 14,311 ft (2.7 miles) all stock, flying I think about 160' altitude until I had to fly over the tower in the distance that I was using for direction around 9,000' out. I was afraid of hitting the wires on it so I just went above it. Overcast day so it was hard to see anything small. I should have screen shotted it but didn't. This was flown over the empty cornfields of Iowa. Had full signal but turned around because my power bar hit the home point marker and didn't want to fight it. Flew into a slight headwind.

Had a couple of weak signals during the turn but was fine all the way back. Had it back at 39% and took another little spin and landed at 30%. Total flight distance 31,960 ft.

I'll put up a screenshot on Monday when I'm back on my computer.
I probably could have got those few extra feet in as well. Chickened out though. You were lower than me which would think it would be more difficult.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20