2.689 miles (14198.1 ft) and no RTH - Flight Record

Thanks again just looked at site do you use advanced kit i see there are 2 kits basic and advanced

I went for the Advanced kit with the 2 amplifiers and batt.
I have not tried this yet but apparently you can fly 800 meters behind you before you lose connection.

Just looking over the site now and seeing installation instructions
im in the uk it says post worldwide so should be ok

Just looking over the site now and seeing installation instructions
im in the uk it says post worldwide so should be ok
I live in Wales and I got them no problems. There will be a £26 import tax you have to pay before you get them though :-(

What kind of range do you get with your FPLV setup?.....how is it through trees?...buildings/structures?

Have any videos using it that might demonstrate the range?

Ultimate derailing going on in this thread lol

Someone should just go make one about the FPVLR antennas

Reactions: AmosMoses and Lew40
What kind of range do you get with your FPLV setup?.....how is it through trees?...buildings/structures?

Have any videos using it that might demonstrate the range?
I live in the country side on a mountain :) where I have very little interference

Cool video flying around......but whats your range now with the upgrade?

Before and after?
Before the mod I got just over 4000 meters with full signal.
The reason I turned around was because of battery (65%) but I was fighting against the wind and came back a lot faster. I think I was back with around 40% batt.
With the mod I've had 5030 meters on a perfect day with full signal, again the reason I turned around was because of battery. I will always turn around at between 60% and 70% battery depending on conditions.

Cool deal. Nice setup.

I wonder how it would work with less ideal conditions(Not being on a hill side and with typical foliage and trees).

Hmmm....the makers of these would sell 10x as many if they had some videos on their site showcasing all this. (video marketing sells)

Cool deal. Nice setup.

I wonder how it would work with less ideal conditions(Not being on a hill side and with typical foliage and trees).

Hmmm....the makers of these would sell 10x as many if they had some videos on their site showcasing all this. (video marketing sells)
Apparently you can fly 1/2 a mile behind you and they are very good with obstructions.
Not done any tests yet just a LOS. If weather permitting I'll try tomorrow.

I see my thread has 33 comments. Oh wait only a few on my flight. No worries good topic. I was thinking about getting the updated antennas for my v+. That was in order to achieve the range I am getting now though with the p3. I think one of the tips I learned is to have the antennas parallel to the back of the tablet and in a v. I think the tablet helps direct some of the signal forward like this. I also learned when I stand with my back against a building it helps direct the signal forward. I got my best flight with my v+ this way.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I see my thread has 33 comments. Oh wait only a few on my flight. No worries good topic. I was thinking about getting the updated antennas for my v+. That was in order to achieve the range I am getting now though with the p3. I think one of the tips I learned is to have the antennas parallel to the back of the tablet and in a v. I think the tablet helps direct some of the signal forward like this. I also learned when I stand with my back against a building it helps direct the signal forward. I got my best flight with my v+ this way.
Sorry for taking over your thread but we are still slightly on topic ☺

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I got 5km on stock antennas with them pointed upwards as per the manual. Signal was still good, I could have gone further. I was in CE mode. I have also flown 1km away behind where I was standing (and there was also a house at my back that the signal had to go through).

The aftermarket antennas look interesting, but why buy and fit them before you have tested what max range you are getting on stock? I am struggling to find any real side by side comparisons to justify the cost and added complication.

Well I was in rural Poland, on a slight hill (so direct LOS). I switched off wifi on the iPad and on my phone just in case. I stayed at around 120m altitude I think. I had almost 40% battery left on return. I don't think this is particularly special, I have had a number of flights in various (non-urban) settings in Poland and UK over 4km.

To be honest I still haven't gone far enough to fully lose signal. Sure I sometimes lose video feed for a moment, but just have to slightly adjust the angle or tilt of the controller and it comes back, and I continue on. Others have done 6.5km.

My advice is get on Google maps, switch on terrain mode and find the highest hill in your area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20