1st week with P3S

Welcome aboard Mark!

I'm glad you're enjoying your Phantom, they are amazing!

Just picked up my 2nd battery...only had the P3S for 4 or 5 days; I can see a 2nd battery is a must. Got in 20 minutes after work today, just before the rain in Western Michigan.

I am also as of yesterday a proud owner of a P3S. Sold my FC40 and P2V to get it. Done the software upgrades last night, compass cal this morning and took it for a 10 minute test flight. Was very windy and handled it much better than my other two. Can't wait to get it to an open field and give her a shake down.

Reactions: Mark_DeKruyter
I am also as of yesterday a proud owner of a P3S. Sold my FC40 and P2V to get it. Done the software upgrades last night, compass cal this morning and took it for a 10 minute test flight. Was very windy and handled it much better than my other two. Can't wait to get it to an open field and give her a shake down.

Interesting, had my p3s about a week also and I find it a bit worse than my p2 and fc40 for accurate slow speed maneuvers. That said, it is an amazing piece of kit.

Some of the video I've taken so far looks like a photograph because the gimbal/camera/aircraft is so stable. A definite upgrade. I suppose I should sell one of the others now but they're like old friends.;)

Reactions: Mark_DeKruyter
Interesting, had my p3s about a week also and I find it a bit worse than my p2 and fc40 for accurate slow speed maneuvers. That said, it is an amazing piece of kit.

Some of the video I've taken so far looks like a photograph because the gimbal/camera/aircraft is so stable. A definite upgrade. I suppose I should sell one of the others now but they're like old friends.;)

Suggest keeping your older model Quads, someday you might be glad you did. I have a P2, H3-3D, FPV and no way would I get rid of it, it is not bound by limitations and I can fly it 1500 feet straight up if I want as compared to the P3 series. The old P2 takes a bit of learning and will test your flying ability but if you do not want to be bound by earthly rules, pick up a P2.

Took my "Standard" out for a run just before the rain today. Wow, what a great/fun machine. DJI is awesome. Crash 4 times (minor) since new 2 weeks ago, and not a scratch....I know I know, that may change, but what ever, life is a risk.

When landing, after it has touched down, only use your left stick to turn off the motors, do not touch the right control stick what so ever. Pull the left stick all the way down to the bottom of the controller. Learned a long time ago with my P2 that if you touch the right stick, it will make the Phantom flip over and bust up some blades.

Went out today, in 15 mph winds (had to wait for it to get even that low), and omg, did it do well. So much fun and nice pics and videos. I'm loving my P3S..............line of sight is great for me.

Suggest keeping your older model Quads, someday you might be glad you did. I have a P2, H3-3D, FPV and no way would I get rid of it, it is not bound by limitations and I can fly it 1500 feet straight up if I want as compared to the P3 series. The old P2 takes a bit of learning and will test your flying ability but if you do not want to be bound by earthly rules, pick up a P2.
What bound and limitations are you talking about. Please explain.

He's speculating, that's why no answer; but it could happen. All the more reason to get into the sport asap. The 1st regulations will be for commercial use. DJI does have limits built into the sofware.

What bound and limitations are you talking about. Please explain.

The new P3's have a height limit of 400 feet built in to the GO app you use to fly with. The P2's, when they came out could fly as high as you wanted, if you don't believe me, check out some of the older P2 video's and they go up in the clouds and fly around if you wanted. Long distance was the big thing for the P2's, you could modify them and still can. The Black Pearl video screens were not that great, but at least you could see through the GoPro lens when you were flying. The P2's are the Quads that really caused a great deal of controversy because you could fly them all over hell and gone and some of the press they caused was not good, like landing on the lawn of the White House by a drunk pilot.

The new P3's have a height limit of 400 feet built in to the GO app you use to fly with. The P2's, when they came out could fly as high as you wanted, if you don't believe me, check out some of the older P2 video's and they go up in the clouds and fly around if you wanted. Long distance was the big thing for the P2's, you could modify them and still can. The Black Pearl video screens were not that great, but at least you could see through the GoPro lens when you were flying. The P2's are the Quads that really caused a great deal of controversy because you could fly them all over hell and gone and some of the press they caused was not good, like landing on the lawn of the White House by a drunk pilot.

I don't think it's true that there's a height limit of 400ft. The GO app does default to maximum altitude as 120m, but you can change that to Max of 500m. Am I right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94