1st time poster

Reaction score
hi all i am new here and would like a bit of advice i have a p3s with latest firmware and have the argtek range booster on it at the moment. now here is my problem i fly in a open field with no houses around i took it up to see what height i would get and distance so the height before loss of signal was around 200 ft before return to home kicked in and the distance was 1623 ft before it lost signal and came home so i decided that i would try and put the stock antenna on to see if that made a difference so my height with stock was 427 ft and distance was 4518 ft so i though ok not to bad but i seen p3s go alot further and alot higher so i downgraded my firmware to 1.8.10 on the aircraft the distance i managed was 6557 ft height was 520 ft before i lost all signal with the craft

anybody with any ideas on what is going on
i also have a powerbank on the back of my controller would this be effecting the aircraft in anyway

thanks and please be gentle with me

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong bit

Last edited:
6557 feet is 1.2 miles, twice the distance a P3S is rated to fly. I know people with P3 Pro that lose signal at shorter distances.

I don't see the problem other than your range extender installation was probably botched.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Sorry that was my total distance that day will have to do another one and screenshot how far it goes before loses signal sorry new to all this

Ok i did a distance test before I lost signal with the drone
IMG_2257.jpg
that’s the max distance achieved with the argtek mod

Next is my altitude test
IMG_2258.jpg

I am not in beginner mode and my max altitude is set to 500 metres

Thats extremely odd. There ca
m be many factors - fake Argtek mod, misplaced wires, defective wires, pinched wires, etc - but I installed mine yesterday and got a steady 4000-5000 feet of range.

I would suggest opening the transmitter up and just rechecking the wires and if possible, re clicking the Argtek wires into place then hotglueing them thoroughly.

Will check again tomorrow the wires but I know they are all connected good and tight will look for any pinched wires and also try another phone but can’t see it being the phone as it loses signal from the remote

Reactions: Droner66
(Just to make sure you are pointing towards the drone right?)

I am not in any flight path where I fly I am just saying the altitude is pretty poor to say that you can set the limit to 500 metres and compared that to my hubsan that would reach a 1000 foot easily without any mods

I am not in any flight path where I fly I am just saying the altitude is pretty poor to say that you can set the limit to 500 metres and compared that to my hubsan that would reach a 1000 foot easily without any mods
In the US any responsible pilot keeps it at 400 feet or less, regardless of flight paths. If you are located in the US, it would be a good idea to visit this page Unmanned Aircraft Systems.

Yes they have not brought in the laws as of yet they will do sometime this year and the reason people flying to close to airports and also trying to smuggle in drugs into prisons.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic