1st Flight problems....

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not a newbie and had several phantoms, just had my first flight with the P3, apologies if the fix is simple but i dont know it! The camera brightness is off the scale, can hardly make anything out and it is late afternoon evening here....

Also when I landed the drone, nice and slowly and then moved the sticks to the off position. i.e both centered down as I have done on previous Phantoms many times the drone powered up and fell over slightly damaging the props..... Arrrh!!!

Hi,

I am not a newbie and had several phantoms, just had my first flight with the P3, apologies if the fix is simple but i dont know it! The camera brightness is off the scale, can hardly make anything out and it is late afternoon evening here....

Also when I landed the drone, nice and slowly and then moved the sticks to the off position. i.e both centered down as I have done on previous Phantoms many times the drone powered up and fell over slightly damaging the props..... Arrrh!!!

The best practice for powering down is to simply pull the left stick down fully for 3 seconds. The props will stop as long as the Phantom has no further downward movement. The old CSC method will still work, but there are concerns that tip overs may occur more easily with that method. After reading a lot of people on this forum suggest learning hand catching, I've changed to that technique and am feeling much more comfortable with it. (Not to mention it looks really cool to bystanders!)

I'm not sure about your exposure problem, but this video is really helpful. It's for the Inspire, but all the controls are the same in regard to camera settings.

Enjoy your new Phantom!

Chris

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Turning on the over exposure warning has turned most of the screen into black lines... It is now nearly dark out so inside in an average brightness room.. :-(

Yea like others have said, don't power down like other phantoms just pull the left stick down for a few seconds and she will turn off nicely ( i noticed the old way is not good), and the ev setting is the right hand wheel which needs to be at 0 which if you check probably wont be. Hope you get sorted.

Things are different as your finding out, read that manual. The video above is one of the best that I have seen. The wheel on the right of the controller will change your brightness levels. I use the Auto land and take off functions and never had a problem, it lands very nice and takes off just the same.

Yea like others have said, don't power down like other phantoms just pull the left stick down for a few seconds and she will turn off nicely ( i noticed the old way is not good), and the ev setting is the right hand wheel which needs to be at 0 which if you check probably wont be. Hope you get sorted.
Yup im officially an idiot... thanks for helping... didnt realise about the right dial and although it is now dark out i can see it turn down the brightness and i am sure will fix it... thanks for the advice and help on the landing options.... sorry for wasting peoples time!

Yup im officially an idiot... thanks for helping... didnt realise about the right dial and although it is now dark out i can see it turn down the brightness and i am sure will fix it... thanks for the advice and help on the landing options.... sorry for wasting peoples time!

Hay don't worry, i have been flying phantoms for 18 months now and i am still asking questions my self. There is a lot to learn with every new craft, and its best we all know and learn as much as possible from each other in order to fly them correct and safely. This is why forums like this are so good. ;)

Reactions: aadams1x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.