But you can really only afford this.
toyota.jpg

Sorry Talk with this guy!
frankwangsmiling.jpg

The inspire would be more of the Maserati

[emoji452][emoji327][emoji95][emoji379][emoji106][emoji15][emoji4]
Stupid crazy $$ for a battery
But I concur $1400!! don't cut corners now
I have owned many nitro powered RC's. Ever priced a gallon of quality nitro fuel? Runs about $40 a gallon and they suck it down fast. I also paid $160 for P2 batteries back in the day so $140 for a battery isn't all that bad when you think about it. ;)

Reactions: Julius717
Well I guess nothing has ever been to expensive in your opinion, otherwise you just made your own, eh?

Real good idea there.

Nope. I don't mind paying for quality. I have more flights and hours then 90% of the people on here. I think the p3 is an absolute steal for the price. Light bridge alone is 1000$.

P2 batteries were just as pricey at first launch.

Even in the RC car world which I'm in also. There is a big difference between knockoffs and reputable batteries from my experience. But those stay on the ground. Not taking chances with a 1400$ drone in the sky. So I'll pay what ever DJi charges it doesn't matter to me.

I am sure it would possible to design something that allows to just change the cells and resuse the electronics and the plastic housing. That would be responsible manufacturing and would even allow recycling or proper disposal of the cells. If the drone revolution continues we will soon have a lot of batteries going into our landfills..:(

There's a couple of places that will do this for your P2, and at least 1 place that will do this for your P3. You can send in a faulty/dead battery to them and they will set it up.

I am buying for $200 from local dealer but I know for sure it is a real one and I get it instantly

Someone paid $300 for a P3 battery?
Yes several people were paying 300+ on ebay for batteries back when dji only sent out 1 battery with every p3. Everybody the first 2 months only had 1 battery unless you got lucky and paid a premium from someone who crashed their p3 on the first flight . Which apparently was pretty common . I wish I would've saved the eBay listing. Supply and demand! ! The market controls the price of goods and services .

Hummm....

Battery's for DJI Phantom 2 in china are around 60/80 euros....half the price of our batteries...
Is that so different one from another?

Still....my opinion is that they are expensive....

So, is anyone really suggesting that a P3 battery can be refurbished with new LiPo cells? Seems to me that the Smart circuitry would make that really difficult if not impossible.

and funny thing is amazon.ca (yeah canada, heh) is selling P2 refurbuish battery from amazon warehouse for CA$60, ($75 in amazon.com) and see lot of good reviews.

Amazon.ca: Buying Choices: DJI Battery for Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision (White)

on the other hand, P3 battery is expensive even those china battery from ebay, almost same price as original DJI battery.

Hummm....

Battery's for DJI Phantom 2 in china are around 60/80 euros....half the price of our batteries...
Is that so different one from another?

Still....my opinion is that they are expensive....

I see no reason why some smart folks out there couldn't refurbish these batteries. Crack it open, replace the batteries and keep the electronics. It may be tough to reset the counter, but that is a small matter if we could buy refurbished batteries for $60.

Reactions: wa1ter and Nes
Speaking of batteries . I had a p3 battery show up on my door step today address to me from drones etc . That is who I purchases my p3 from a couple months ago. The cool thing is I didn't order it or pay for it. I called them and told them what happened and they said just to keep it. I never get lucky like that but hell I'll take it . I would've paid them for it because I only have 2 and had been wanting to order another one. I'm pretty excited about it !!

If you are looking for cheap products expect your product to fail some batterys are not even inteli batteries or what ever dji calls them but i rather stick to the originals

Edit:
The comparison below does not consider weight.
When considering weight the DJI battery shines with 370g.
Most other batteries with that low weight does not have half the capacity of what the DJI battery got.
So you pay for the low weight, I guess.

-----------------------

A standard high quality 4S 10C 16Ah LiPo for $71
rLLlv4J.jpg

That is 3,5 times more juice at half the cost, or 7 times more juice / buck.
If you don't think the DJI battery is ridiculously high priced, then I don't know what to say.

I would love to see a battery hack that replace the DJI battery with a third part battery on the Phantom 3.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers