1080P Vs. 2.7K

What kind of system do those of you have that are able to play 2.7K? I can game on my pc without any problems. I have yet to play anything over 1080P through it though. I should be ok with an i5 (4670k) and evga gtx 760 ftw right?

What kind of system do those of you have that are able to play 2.7K? I can game on my pc without any problems. I have yet to play anything over 1080P through it though. I should be ok with an i5 (4670k) and evga gtx 760 ftw right?
For sure. Very similar setup to what I have.

But GoPro studio doesn't let you trim your vids right? I tried and it said only GoPro vids could be trimmed. Am I doing something wrong?

This is what I found after downloading, installing and starting out! Be good if this was made a little clearer beforehand considering this is pretty much the most important element in editing! :)

On my iPhone i just use cameo by Vimeo. It's super simple but does everything I want right now. It handles the 2.7k video just as easy as 1080p on my iPhone 6s. The video looks allot better on Vimeo too vs YouTube I have noticed. Please don't judge my editing I did this while watching tv lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
How are you getting the 2.7k video on your iPhone? It goes to iTunes from my sd card. Not s problem. But when I try and sync it. I get error. Or the file is too big to fit in my 16 g. Maybe j should erase all data on my phone and try and get file on there so I can edit it. Not sure. Any help appreciated

I upload straight from the card to my phone with this adaptor, it works really well, could transfer and edit in the field if I want.
WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop Amazon.com: WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop: Computers & Accessories

mine should be here thurs. now explain how. You record in 2.7 and take card put into adapter insert in phone and the 2.7 will play on phone. Does it down scale to 1080 or what? Thank you as much info would be good

How are you getting the 2.7k video on your iPhone? It goes to iTunes from my sd card. Not s problem. But when I try and sync it. I get error. Or the file is too big to fit in my 16 g. Maybe j should erase all data on my phone and try and get file on there so I can edit it. Not sure. Any help appreciated

Tony,
you can get a nice pc or notebook for not to much today that will allow to edit a lot easier with more options than the pad or phone will.
you seem to be gung ho about this , so it will be something you do anyhow sooner later.

once you edit it then you can send it back to phone and view if it is needed then.

good luck and have fun flying!.

I upload straight from the card to my phone with this adaptor, it works really well, could transfer and edit in the field if I want.
WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop Amazon.com: WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop: Computers & Accessories

I don't know how you edit or transfer. I can see the file with that for sure. But transferring and editing. This is not possible.

Sorry if a little off topic but what refresh rates do you guys recommend for both 2.7k and 1080P? 24fps, 30fps, 60fps, etc...

When you see all the video files I believe it's edit, select the video, then bottom left hit action, then select camera roll. From there it can be selected from cameo like any normal file. If it's a really big file it can take a few minutes, it Will finish even if it looks like it's crashing

I did a resolution comparison with 2.5k (4 mp) 1080 (2 mp) and 720 (1 mp)
The detail is superior in 2.5k
I use handbrake.fr to re-encode the clips I keep. It is free and works on all platforms. It saves 75% space with near original quality (depends on your settings).
If you use 2.5k and you crop to 720 you have a nice zoomed in video.
Since all my equipment maxes out at 1080 I re-size in handbrake to 1080.
This way there is more detail as if I was shooting in 1080 and doing a re-encoding.
for a good quality / size relation choose high profile
in picture change to width to 1920 or 1280 for re-sizing or set cropping to custom for the zoom in video
If you crop (zoom in) from 2.5k to 1080 - use 392 and 220 as crop settings.
If you crop (zoom in) from 2.5k to 720 - use 712 and 400 as crop settings.
in video set quality to 25

This is what I found after downloading, installing and starting out! Be good if this was made a little clearer beforehand considering this is pretty much the most important element in editing! :)

You cant trim them, but u can drop the clips in the timeline and then select from which point in the clip you want the video to start. I did a couple videos with the GoPro studio this way.

Okay; I can see how that would work..... Ta for the tip.
I've installed Lightroom now and getting to grips with that.

Cheers
Ian

When you see all the video files I believe it's edit, select the video, then bottom left hit action, then select camera roll. From there it can be selected from cameo like any normal file. If it's a really big file it can take a few minutes, it Will finish even if it looks like it's crashing

I got mine today and transfered a 2.7 k video to phone it worked I don't know what resolution it is I would think 1080 but looked good

WECODO Lightning iReader USB Micro SD Card Reader for iPhone 6 6S iPhone 6 6S Plus iPad Air 2 Computer Laptop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017R27WJU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_LQJVwbV66JHWC

Ok so I received my ireader when I try to use cameo for it it only gives me the choose of 720 1080 and 4K when I hit 4K the app crashes I have an iPhone 6 on yours does cameo show 2.7? I will try it on iPad pro and see if it works

I use Corel Video Studio Pro X7. I got it during Black Friday for around $49. It is very powerful and a little overwhelming at first. Video Studio Pro X9 is out now and is $69. Very reasonable for the features. You can also use Movie Maker in windows, it is a free Download from Microsoft. On my windows 10 PC the MOV files don't play unless I use Quick time. So Movie Maker wont edit the MOVs for me.

Has anyone seen a difference in quality (assuming the other settings are the same) between MOV and MP4?

I noticed on my P3S the video cut off at 4gb. I'm assuming since it's 32gb and formatted to FAT32? More or less, how long should a 4GB file be at 2.7k? My understanding is 32gb will only format to FAT32 and 64gb format to ExFAT? If that's the case, can the file be larger than 4gb on ExFAT? That alone might be a reason for me to get a 64gb card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1