2.7K to 1080P: Export Question

Reaction score
I typically record (and export) in 1080P. However, I'd like to start taking advantage of the 2.7K option that my P3A is capable of. That said, if I create a project in 2.7K and export it in 1080P, will it be better quality?

Or, will I need to also export the video in 2.7K?

Thanks!

I ask, because I don't believe Wondershare offers a 2.7K export option. I only see 1080P and 4K.

No it will not be. Original quality is always best. Reducing resolution effects quality. Personally I prefer simply using 1080P, simply because few people have the capabilities to view 4K, as of yet.

No it will not be. Original quality is always best. Reducing resolution effects quality...
I disagree. The issue is HOW the reduction in resolution is done - what mathematical algorithm is used. That depends on the software you're using, and some algorithms do a better job. I use the Adobe CS apps, and I do all the editing at high resolution. The 1080p conversion is done by Adobe Media Encoder, built for just the purpose of making final output.

There's a second reason it's good to shoot in high resolution then down-scale: that gives you the ability to crop your images without losing resolution, or you can do a 'zoom lens' effect. If you shoot in 4K using a P3P or higher, you can zoom up to 200%, and 2.7K can be zoomed 141% and still maintain 1080p quality output.

I ask, because I don't believe Wondershare offers a 2.7K export option. I only see 1080P and 4K.
I use wondershare and it does let you export at 2.7K as I use it myself. I will have to upload the option pic when I am home to show you where it is located.

I use wondershare and it does let you export at 2.7K as I use it myself. I will have to upload the option pic when I am home to show you where it is located.
Hmmm. Maybe a recent update allows for this. If so, that's excellent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4