You can find commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here.

doing drone pilot ground school, more visual learner than reading doing mine in 2 weeks

I used RemotePilot101.com and was very pleased with it. For $150, you get lifetime membership and updates.
Jason Schappert is a truly great instructor and knows his subject very well. I took his course and passed the test
with a 92% score in January 2017.

I passed my part 107 today with an 87% score. I didn't pay for any courses. I studied for about 4 days using the free course and test material at 3D Robotics, the part 107 regulations, The Aeronautical Chart User’s Guide and The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge - chaps12, 13 & 15.
Same route that I took ( ratio seems to be about 50/50 between those who worked on their own and those who took a paid course), but I had the background, private pilot although not current, to understand the general piloting material. IMO, it boils down to an individual's comfort level with the material and studying on their own. If you are unsure and spending $100 on a course helps you pass the first time, it saves you spending another $150 to retake the test. Sounds like a reasonable investment. And remember once you pass and set up your business, those study materials and test fees will be tax deductions!

Reactions: Terminator X
I passed mine today with 90%. Used the study material on the FAA website and Remote Pilot app on Iphone. Also used samples questions on 3DR.com.

All that said, questions were different than sample tests, but they do give you the laws. Being a private pilot since 1985 didn't hurt either.

Can't see the need for ground school here. Study the FAA material and bone up on sectional charts, airspace, and weather, along with general Remote Pilot qualifications.

Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164