P3 Firmware 1.7.6 good? Or not?

Reaction score
My p3 advanced has 1.7.6, in release notes the next version 1.8.8 says it Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode, what is this? Also the version 1.9.6 says Fixed the Intelligent Flight Battery to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments. Does this mean 1.7.6 might make my bat restart in cold environments? Or was 1.8.8 the only version that did that?

If your drone is flying fine now .... don't upgrade. Many, many posters here have done so (upgraded the FW) and have regretted it. Others here have chosen your current 1.7.6 as the ideal version to backdate their later versions to.

If your drone is flying fine now .... don't upgrade. Many, many posters here have done so (upgraded the FW) and have regretted it. Others here have chosen your current 1.7.6 as the ideal version to backdate their later versions to.
I didn't plan on upgrading due to that but i wanted to know anyway.

I didn't plan on upgrading due to that but i wanted to know anyway.

OK ... so 1.8.80 overview says:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.

Unless you are having issues in one of those 4 areas i suggest there is no benefit in upgrading.

the 1.9.60 overview says:
1. Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database.
2. Fixed the Intelligent Flight Battery to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments.

I've never heard of a battery restarting due to cold weather. Seems it would not be an issue other than possibly draining the unattended battery if left in the drone. Who would store the battery in the drone unattended anyway ? Additional flight restrictions would not be a problem for anyone following the rules when flying.... just more of an inconvenience.

Again, IMHO .... there are 10X the posts complaining with problems after updating than those complaining about problems due to not updating.

Reactions: gppms and quadrotor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan