1.07.0090 FW is now official

I cant help myself sometimes but when something new is offered "I must have". . Was on FW 1.5.n which worked great. I upgraded (v1.7.9) without issue but haven't been able to test fly it yet due to weather conditions here. Hope I dont regret my decision. Curious, if this version turns out to be a flop can I downgrade to v1.5.n again?

nope. you can downgrade just for 1.6

I can confirm that running the newest firmware and app is great for me. Took it to the river and did 1350 ft down the river and could probably of went further but didn't want to chance going around the bend on new software without LOS. And yes this is all stock. Full video and 11 sats the whole flight. Height at 300 ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Necroscope
I can confirm that running the newest firmware and app is great for me. Took it to the river and did 1350 ft down the river and could probably of went further but didn't want to chance going around the bend on new software without LOS. And yes this is all stock. Full video and 11 sats the whole flight. Height at 300 ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using PhantomPilots mobile app
just curious, what problems did you have before the update?

When I do the upgrade, I hope like heck that my little bird flies right to my kegerator and pours me an ice cold one. If not, new firmware comes off....LOL

Jpk I haven't had an issue with any of them yet. I update every time. Started on 1.5.7 and actually gained distance after updating from that. Using iPad Air 2. Controller mod for tablet is my only change.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Your now the second person that has said something about "Strong Interference' warnings" on this new FW, that I assume you didn't get before in that location.
OK I did the IMU Cal and deleted my app and re downloaded it and took it back out and that warning never showed back up . Didn't go far as it was dark and will try long again in the morning but not Calibrating might have been my issue . I knew to do one but was just in a hurry .

Reactions: Carolinaflyer
Still no issue's and don't know if it will help those in CE or not but I just RTH at 70% so it's looking good in my area .
test 2.PNG

Just made the upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.7.9 without problems. The only notice is I had a strong interferences warning but I am inside the house and I think that is normal. I am in CE mode and I was lucky until now because I never had range problems with 1.6.8. Easily go at 600-700 meters with 1.6.8 and my windsurfer antenna. I hope my P3S goes further with the new firmware. Time will tell..

Also I successfully done the control range mod at 27db with Icarus and Ι am curious to test how is going on the new 1.7.9 firmware with the 27db mode enabled..

Was having signal issues with video in the city. Updated my Firmware to the latest and it seems to have solved it.

To confirm, this firmware update is just for the P3S and not the P3 4K. Correct? I just booted up my 4K to see if it was available, and there were no prompts to update the firmware.

Did this 2 days ago as it flashed the banner on my dji go app.
Let it do its stuff and all went well.
Took out briefly Friday after doing it and all seemed fine.
Will do a better test tomorrow.
It said it was to improve video downlink quality and something else but can't remember now.
Is it best to always re calibrate the imu when you firmware update?
Thanks Gary

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did this 2 days ago as it flashed the banner on my dji go app.
Let it do its stuff and all went well.
Took out briefly Friday after doing it and all seemed fine.
Will do a better test tomorrow.
It said it was to improve video downlink quality and something else but can't remember now.
Is it best to always re calibrate the imu when you firmware update?
Thanks Gary

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app
"Is it best to always re calibrate the imu when you firmware update?"
I always have. You'll always have people say one way or the other, but most say it's a good thing to do after a FW update.

To confirm, this firmware update is just for the P3S and not the P3 4K. Correct? I just booted up my 4K to see if it was available, and there were no prompts to update the firmware.
Correct Gold just the standard .

Hi,

I updated to the new firmware and flew a test flight from my back yard. Previously, the video would cut out if I took the standard up over 100-150 ft. Today, I was able to get up 400ft with no loss of video. Yay! Stock Standard, no mods.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: gaz1969uk
Did anyone have their gimbal doing the flop during the firmware upgrade? Mine shut down, then booted back up and acted as if it was having a seizure for a few seconds. It's working fine now, but not sure if it's normal or not... kinda freaked me out too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers