1.07.0090 FW is now official

If it ain't broke, don't fix it......
Couldn't agree more. Although the promise of a more stable connection seems to have tempted me in to upgrading.
I made a calculated risk, but oh boy, i am bad at maths o_O

I upgraded to 1.7.9 yesterday. only issue i have now is that my gimbal seems to not swivel up/down any longer. gets stuck down or up and wont move using the controller. seems like a HW issue, but i havent crashed and the only thing i did was upgrade the FW. any ideas?

I thought Ultimate was only for Advanced / Pro and 4 versions ?

Nigel

Hi Nigel. The following is a quotation fom the introduction in the manual.

INTRODUCTION
DJI Ultimate Flight is an Android application available in the Google Play store designed to be used with the DJI Phantom 3 (all models), DJI Phantom 4, the DJI Inspire 1 (all models) and the DJI Matrice.

I've ditched it anyway. Once the trust has gone so does the app.

Peter

I upgraded to 1.7.9 yesterday. only issue i have now is that my gimbal seems to not swivel up/down any longer. gets stuck down or up and wont move using the controller. seems like a HW issue, but i havent crashed and the only thing i did was upgrade the FW. any ideas?
Did you update the firmware through the Go app?
How about moving the camera up and down with the Go app, do you know if it works there?
Otherwise, my first suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall the Go app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hello there

Have you tried recalibrating the gimbal in the DJI GO app?

cheers

Hi Nigel. The following is a quotation fom the introduction in the manual.

INTRODUCTION
DJI Ultimate Flight is an Android application available in the Google Play store designed to be used with the DJI Phantom 3 (all models), DJI Phantom 4, the DJI Inspire 1 (all models) and the DJI Matrice.

I've ditched it anyway. Once the trust has gone so does the app.

Peter

Hi Peter ... when I went back - it was then plain that what I read was an old web-page ... searching further showed better.

Interested in why you ditched the app ....

Nigel

Did you update the firmware through the Go app?
How about moving the camera up and down with the Go app, do you know if it works there?
Otherwise, my first suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall the Go app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
yep, loaded thru the DJI GO App.

Hi Peter ... when I went back - it was then plain that what I read was an old web-page ... searching further showed better.

Interested in why you ditched the app ....

Nigel

Basically Nigel, I had it stop mid flight during a waypoint mission a couple of times and once airborne it would report SD card missing and stopped recording. When I wrecked my P3S the other week this last fault occurred again during an Orbit mission so I wasn't able to see the point of impact once I retrieved the SD card from the camera.

Having said that, the developer does seem very approachable and willing to go that extra mile to help.

TBH, I'm not happy with any of the apps to be fool proof. Takes some of the pleasure out of flying when you know that something could trigger a flyaway at any moment. Recently in this cold and moderately windy weather the drone doesn't seem as stable as it was some weeks ago when I was flying it in shirt sleeves.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl