[07 00][00] device not detected. Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
First of all thank you to everyone who reveals complex technical information on the forum.
I have known how to cope with my failures in my drones over time leaning on you, because the DJI forum is a complete disgust.
Second, I apologize for my horrendous writing, since I am doing it in Spanish and using googe translate to bring it to English, since I thank you for your understanding, it does not bother me in the least having to copy and paste each answer to understand it.

To the case...

I have a Phantom 3 Standard gimbal controller board, with the module 07 problem not detected.
I clarify some points to help the wise in their diagnosis:
-The controller board does not link with any RC.
-Does not receive updates via SDCard, throws error immediately after starting, even forcing the update by holding down the link button before turning on the aircraft.
-It does not receive Downgrade from FW, I know the DeBug procedure and it does not solve my problem, it throws an error with a BEEEEEEEEEEP.

-I have no history of the reason for the failure.

It is likely that my limitation in English also limits finding the thread with the solution that surely I should not be the first, but I only found half threads, so I would appreciate if you could redirect me to some procedure already published by one of the teachers who already They went through the forum and still participate.

Attached is the log of the last update attempt :

[00274151]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(15) ============ (RC disconnected because it was a forced attempt)
[00274190]Packet [C:\P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin] detected, card sn [0xbc5b3ac7].
[00274230]Packet upgrade start...

[00274272]Packet checking...
[00274320]Packet vlink 01.09.0200 <-> 00.00.0000.
[00274363]Record vlink 01.09.0200 <-> 00.00.0000 (flow = 0).
[00274399]Done.

[00274441]Version checking[1]...
[00274497][04 00][00] v1.51.0.0 -> v1.51.0.0
[00274641][11 00][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[00274781][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.
[00274830][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33
[00274866][01 00][00] v1.14.4920 -> v1.14.4920
[00274908][01 01][00] v1.14.4920 -> v1.14.4920
[00275039][03 05][00] v34.2.0.9 -> v34.2.0.9
[00275128][03 06][00] v2.4.20.50 -> v2.4.20.50
[00287666][07 00][00] device not detected.
[00287732][09 00][00] v0.1.1.1 -> v0.1.1.1
[00287825][12 00][00] v5.9.0.0 -> v5.9.0.0
[00287940][12 01][00] v5.9.0.0 -> v5.9.0.0
[00288059][12 02][00] v5.9.0.0 -> v5.9.0.0
[00288178][12 03][00] v5.9.0.0 -> v5.9.0.0
[00288219]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

I presume complete disgust means complete digest lol,,have you tryed a manual linking process,,,I have only updated my p3s through the app and not by sd card so bit unsure

I presume complete disgust means complete digest lol,,have you tryed a manual linking process,,,I have only updated my p3s through the app and not by sd card so bit unsure

I'll put other synonyms to see if the translator does a better job,
The DJI forum support is very bad, unpleasant, ugly, useless, disgusting, among others lol>

Yes, I already tried the manual link without success

I don't have any experience with Std. But this site says that's a wifi chip. And it says that's on Gimbal Top Board.

So:
- if you can, diagnose and repair that board to make the chip boot. For which chip is used - it's visible here, but markings are covered by resin. Description says it's AR9342. If the chip has firmware damaged, you can extract it with dji_xv4_fwcon.py and re-program. Programming methods should be available in programming reference of the chip.
- if you can't do that or won't succeed, just buy another Gimbal Top Board and replace it

No re-linking an FW updating using DJI ways will fix this issue. If the chip can't boot, it won't react to anything other than tapping to it directly.

And we can't say if it's HW or SW malfunction - all we can say right now is that this chip does not respond. Since it is on a board with other chips, and everything else responds - we can safely assume that it is not an issue with connections, meaning the chip just doesn't boot.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with Std. But this site says that's a wifi chip. And it says that's on Gimbal Top Board.

So:
- if you can, diagnose and repair that board to make the chip boot. For which chip is used - it's visible here, but markings are covered by resin. Description says it's AR9342. If the chip has firmware damaged, you can extract it with dji_xv4_fwcon.py and re-program. Programming methods should be available in programming reference of the chip.
- if you can't do that or won't succeed, just buy another Gimbal Top Board and replace it

No re-linking an FW updating using DJI ways will fix this issue. If the chip can't boot, it won't react to anything other than tapping to it directly.

And we can't say if it's HW or SW malfunction - all we can say right now is that this chip does not respond. Since it is on a board with other chips, and everything else responds - we can safely assume that it is not an issue with connections, meaning the chip just doesn't boot.

Wow, I was really eager to receive a response of this type, and followed many of your responses in other threads and I am very grateful for your contribution in particular, but I did not know if you were ACTIVE in the forum yet, I only saw you in old threads.
Now that I have a bit of your attention, I would shamelessly like to know if you could give me some step by step or more specific information on how to reload the FW in the gimbal controller to recover the wifi chip, believe me I would take my time reading everything at respect on GitHub but either I am very little observant or English really limits me.
I don't understand which is the tool to do reprogramming, is dji_xv4_fwcon.py an exe? How do I get to him? or is it just a programming line?

The GH link you gave me appears:

Example: ./dji_xv4_fwcon.py -vv -x -p P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

But I can't figure out how to upload this command to the controller.

Is it by using the controller's micro USB port?
Do I have to use an external adapter and physically manipulate the board to make the flash?

dji-firmware-tools is a downloadable tool? from where?

I understand that it is a bit abusive to request so much information, but there really are no other sources other than people like you.

I reiterate that my native languages are Spanish and Portuguese, and I use the google translator to communicate here.

I would shamelessly like to know if you could give me some step by step or more specific information on how to reload the FW in the gimbal controller to recover the wifi chip, believe me I would take my time reading everything at respect on GitHub but either I am very little observant or English really limits me.

Sorry, I don't know Ph3 Std. You are asking me to read a lot of documentation, then figure out how this maps to the chip layout. I am not willing to spend that much time on this.

I don't understand which is the tool to do reprogramming, is dji_xv4_fwcon.py an exe? How do I get to him? or is it just a programming line?

This is extraction tool, not re-programming/flashing. Is is not an EXE as Windows Portable Executable (which you probably mean). This is code in Python language, which you execute using Python interpreter.

Last edited:
Example: ./dji_xv4_fwcon.py -vv -x -p P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

But I can't figure out how to upload this command to the controller.

The tool allows you to extract the firmware package from DJI and get m0700 firmware as a separate file. That's it. It won't flash anything, that part is up to you to figure out. It will just give you a BIN file which should be flashed into the WiFi chip.

The example command line assumes you use the tool from a shell which understands shebang line. Then it will execute the script using Python automatically. I guess the cmd in Windows doesn't support that, every other OS does.

Is it by using the controller's micro USB port?

Do I have to use an external adapter and physically manipulate the board to make the flash?

I have no idea. Flashing guide is part of Programming Reference - documentation of the chip from its manufacturer. For some WiFi chips, you can also get some info from OpenWRT project forums - the same chips are used in routers.

dji-firmware-tools is a downloadable tool? from where?

From the Github project. You can either use Git or download a zip dump.

I understand that it is a bit abusive to request so much information, but there really are no other sources other than people like you.

I only took time to learn things I needed to do my repairs. I'm sure other people did as well, especially these who work in repair shops. But for some reason, these people are reluctant to publish their findings. They seem to think that this will undermine their business?

Either way, I never had a need to repair Ph3 Std.

EDIT:
had some serious issues submitting that reply.. no idea why. Some links are gone.. oh well.

Last edited:
I only took time to learn things I needed to do my repairs. I'm sure other people did as well, especially these who work in repair shops. But for some reason, these people are reluctant to publish their findings. They seem to think that this will undermine their business?

I think they poorly associate the availability of information with the availability of execution.
As is the case, even with all the information you give me, I do not know if I am really capable of performing the procedure.

Even so, it is more information than I expected to receive when opening this thread, you have definitely helped me a lot, clarified many doubts, if I can solve it, have no doubt that I will share the information, although considering the fact that it is information that is not Available online, and that people with advanced knowledge like you consider to be extensive and dedicated work, I don't think a mere mortal like me can do it.

Even so I will consider storing the plates that I have with error 07 to see if in the future I spend more time.

I CONSIDER THE THREAD CLOSED.
THANKS!

Stick at it,something will come to mind surely...hey start from stratch again,,uninstall app and reinstall, see if it conect to device,,if and prompts come up on reinstall take note,,dont worry about bin this bin that I dont understand it either,,good luck,,I presume linking still hasn't worked,is this phantom new or used,has it worked before

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.