Zeiss VR One Plus and P4?

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Zeiss VR One Plus goggles to use with my P4. Does anyone have any experience with these? What are the pros and cons? Is it worth it? Thanks on advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I usually go for hdmi goggles as I can then see two displays at a time.

Alok - what would you recommend?

I used the Zeiss at a demo on one of the stands at the UK drone show. Thy were ok but fell forward too much for my tastes (heavy lenses but good quality of course).

I would highly recommend the Freefly VR Beyonds personally. Half the price and 120 degree fov. Really comfortable too.

Reviewed them on my channel recently:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Zeiss one plus is a goggle that uses your phone to display videos. To use These goggles, you may need to use your phone inside the goggles and connect it on the USB port of the RC. You will have to run app like Litchi on it to get VR.

Is this kind of arrangement you are looking for?

Alok - what would you recommend?

There are many available in the market. So far one that attracted me was Avegant Glyph @$439 with 720p resolution.

I m evaluating another great piece that has full HD resolution with OLED technology and is priced at $399-800. Not sure about the true price. This is Sony PlayStation VR. My concern is that it has about 600gm weight. Don't know how comfortable it is to wear on the field.

Last edited:
Zeiss one plus is a goggle that uses your phone to display videos. To use These goggles, you may need to use your phone inside the goggles and connect it on the USB port of the RC. You will have to run app like Litchi on it to get VR.

Is this kind of arrangement you are looking for?

Yes, I know how they work, my question was more geared towards what people's feedback was in terms of quality and how happy they are with them compared to other brands.

Yes, I know how they work, my question was more geared towards what people's feedback was in terms of quality and how happy they are with them compared to other brands.

I'll shed some light on this. Importantly (and you may well know this and apologies if you do) you can currently only use the Zeis, Freefly VR or other phone based VR sets with litchi. Viewing the phone without the VR mode through the googles just doesn't work. DJI Go currently has no method to view VR (or at least on an iPhone... maybe on Android via 3rd party app?).

The experience when using the Litchi VR mode with Freefly VR Beyond is excellent. The screen is clear, bright and very little blurring at all. You also get a slight 3D feel as the overlay is in 3D (the actual video of course is not). You also get to use Litchis head tracker mode which means, when set, you look left and the phantom yaws left, you look down the camera tilts down (you get the jist and again sorry if you know this already). All this is just using the phones accelerometer so no extras needed.

Things to note - the pixels of course are enlarged view the lenses. Most smartphones capable of running Litchi/DJI Go have no issue with this as they all have very high DPI screens so have tiny tiny pixels but older phones will show more pixels of course and reduce quality.

Light from the outside world is cut out really well (depending on the VR set). This is really handy on bright days when even a sun shade still has reflection issues.

Bad points of phone VR is that you don't have full control of the app easily. No way to change camera settings or touch the screen easily without removing the phone. For me that is the worst part. HDMI goggles don't suffer from this as the phone/tablet is still fitted and active so you just take the goggles off and use the screen. HDMI goggles will feel a bit more natural in terms of view also as there is no split line like the phone VR (you have one screen per eye). This means a little less blur.

HDMI goggles are also great for sharing your experience with others.... you fly goggles and they see your screen or vice versa.

Personally I would advise buying either a $15 - $40 phone VR set first or even just google cardboard to see how you find the litchi VR experience. If you like it then buy a better set like the Freefly VR or Zeiss if you feel inclined (they are very over priced imo tho).
If money is no option though just buy HDMI goggles like the latest Fatshark Doms or equivalent (I tried Vuzix iWear at the Drone show and was impressed with their clarity... pricey and bulky though).

If you have never tried goggles of any kind at all I would highly recommend going to a shop that sells them so you can try them on and see how you feel wearing them.

Reactions: AWD
My bad. Zeiss one has good finish, good lenses and field of view but costs $129 whereas you can achieve the same with possibly $30 priced googles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.