Zeiss has a VR headset I'd actually consider wearing

I use VR on my P2V at 640x480x30fps. It is a bit blurry (mostly due to the crap optics of my cheap goggles), but it is still very flyable. It is much easier to control through tight spaces than trying to look at a phone/tablet attached to the controller. Latency does become a problem as you get greater than 600 feet or so away.

Interesting. Do these control the gimbal/drone so it follows your head movements or do you still control it via the controller sticks?

It will control pitch only. In can be pretty leggy as you look down/up wait, for the signals to relay, then wait for the video.

If its so bad, I am a little iffy on why you would even consider such a thing. Not only does it block your LOS (which you are SUPPOSED to maintain at all times), according to you it doesn't even work well for FPV. Am I missing something here?

Has anyone tested the Cloudlight FPV app with the P4?

*EDIT*
I went ahead and bought + tested it myself. As it says everywhere it currently only supports P2, P3 and Inspire 1, and I can now confirm that it doesn't happen to work on any of those settings with the Phantom 4. Just FYI.

*EDIT EDIT*
Just got a tweet from Kai Aras, the developer, saying "working on it!".

Last edited:
If its so bad, I am a little iffy on why you would even consider such a thing. Not only does it block your LOS (which you are SUPPOSED to maintain at all times), according to you it doesn't even work well for FPV. Am I missing something here?
If you stay relatively close (within 1000 feet), the lag isn't bad. It makes flying much easier, particularly in congested areas. I'd love to upgrade to a P3P or P4, but the cash isn't there, so I use what I have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31