Zeiss Cinemizer OLED with Phantom 3 HDMI board

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED with the Phantom 3 and the new HDMI board? Will the option Cinemizer head tracker work with the P3? Anyone tested it?

It works great, but i have no head tracker.

The Zeiss Cinemizers work great with the P3 and the HDMI board. The FOV is a little narrow but the image clarity is great.

No head tracking for the P3.

The P3 HDMI output provides very basic telemetry such as altitude, distance, and battery voltage. You also get an artificial horizon and a "home diamond" that is very useful for manually flying back from large distances.

The P3 HDMI video output is not switchable say from camera to map view so the output is not an exact mirror of what the app displays.

:harry

Reactions: Fplvert
So I finally got hold of a used pair of Zeiss Cinemizer OLEDs (even used they are so expensive). Build quality is great, diopter settings good as well and with the optional eyeshield there is no light from outside. They look good as well and are not big. But honestly I was a bit disappointed with the resolution: it really isn't HD at all (you could call it upscaled SD at best, specs say it's 870x500 on each eye). And the 30° FOV is narrow. Brightness is excellent though and it's perfect to use in high light conditions. In low light, though, I don't see a lot of improvement over an iPad. Moreover, the screen lacks radar information (so you can point your antenna straight at the drone).
Is there really no FPV brand that have high resolution glasses (real HD), with diopter settings (and ideally IPD but that's not so important) and most importantly, which doesn't look like you're wearing a box on your head _and_ which uses high quality parts such as Zeiss? Zeiss should get back into the game!

Is there really no FPV brand that have high resolution glasses (real HD), with diopter settings (and ideally IPD but that's not so important) and most importantly, which doesn't look like you're wearing a box on your head _and_ which uses high quality parts such as Zeiss? Zeiss should get back into the game!

Did you find a good enough solution yet?
I'm just doing a little research but have not found anything that convinces me yet.

Zeiss Cinemizers are not available these days.

I use Accupix Mybud. It has very small form factor and is reasonably good for the price. I have Sony HMZ-T3 too. Its resolution is excellent but too heavy for site. Its good for sitting on Sofa.

I have a pair of unused cinemizers if anyone in UK interested ?

Zeiss Cinemizers are not available these days.

I use Accupix Mybud. It has very small form factor and is reasonably good for the price. I have Sony HMZ-T3 too. Its resolution is excellent but too heavy for site. Its good for sitting on Sofa.
I had the sony's too and man the quality of the screen was spot on, but the bulkiness was a negative, plus carrying the battery box attached to the goggles was cumbersome. How do the Mybuds look? Are they comparable quality?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl