Yuneec H520 Hexacopter

Reaction score
With all the problems at dji the h520 is looking good as i think about moving away from dji and the horrid support and lack of care for its customers.

Yuneec H520 does not have lighbridge or Ocusync to go for Miles in range. Yuneec products have the same range as the phantom 3 standard... 1.2 km maximum.

Hmm ... an unreleased and unproven drone with no specs or production models to look at.
Clunky controller with built in screen and no Lightbridge.
That sounds perfect.
With all the problems at DJI ?? (mine hasn't exhibited any), I think I'll stick with what I know for now.

Yuneec H520 does not have lighbridge or Ocusync to go for Miles in range. Yuneec products have the same range as the phantom 3 standard... 1.2 km maximum.
Is range actually a selling point? When i first started i use to be all for range, after 3 years now its the least on my mind.

Hmm ... an unreleased and unproven drone with no specs or production models to look at.
Clunky controller with built in screen and no Lightbridge.
That sounds perfect.
With all the problems at DJI ?? (mine hasn't exhibited any), I think I'll stick with what I know for now.

Hopefully not but when you need dji support then you'll get what i actually mean. I didnt need them but 1000s of opinions on their forums and on here dont lie.

but 1000s of opinions on their forums and on here dont lie.
Actually thousands of opinions can give you a very false perception of what the real situation is.
What percentage of people cluttering up forums with tales of how bad things are have never had a problem themselves ... just like you?
And then you can take out plenty more for the people that can't read manuals and do stupid things and then blame DJI for their troubles.
We've seem more than a few of those.

Reactions: Pete Leare
Hopefully not but when you need dji support then you'll get what i actually mean. I didnt need them but 1000s of opinions on their forums and on here dont lie.
That's why I fly with caution plus if I get an upgrade in the future will be a refurbished one in great condition. I never risk my drone to go far away or in dangerous environments. I always keep it within my view. I know DJI support sucks so I don't count with them with any issue. So far no issues with my drone. I have a standard for around 8 months.

Actually thousands of opinions can give you a very false perception of what the real situation is.
What percentage of people cluttering up forums with tales of how bad things are have never had a problem themselves ... just like you?
And then you can take out plenty more for the people that can't read manuals and do stupid things and then blame DJI for their troubles.
We've seem more than a few of those.
Prove how they give a false perception? Take the P4 its pretty clear 7 weeks on that a failware was issued without testing it fully.

Prove how they give a false perception? Take the P4 its pretty clear 7 weeks on that a failware was issued without testing it fully.
You've already done it yourself.
You're telling the world how bad DJI's service is with absolutely no knowledge or experience yourself but adding to the thousands of negative "opinions" available online.
Anyway your chosen drone was announced in January, to be released 2nd quarter 2017 but still not available.
It might be great or it might turn out to be a flop.
We've seen a few much anticipated super new drones come and fail to live up to the hype and expectations when eventually released (and some were never released).
When you can't even read the specs anywhere, it's probably not worth getting too excited about just yet.

Reactions: DocDiggler
You've already done it yourself.
You're telling the world how bad DJI's service is with absolutely no knowledge or experience yourself but adding to the thousands of negative "opinions" available online.
Anyway your chosen drone was announced in January, to be released 2nd quarter 2017 but still not available.
It might be great or it might turn out to be a flop.
We've seen a few much anticipated super new drones come and fail to live up to the hype and expectations when eventually released (and some were never released).
When you can't even read the specs anywhere, it's probably not worth getting too excited about just yet.

I think i read 3 lines and decided you know nothing on that subject and bypassed the rest. Thanks for your input.

I think i read 3 lines and decided you know nothing on that subject and bypassed the rest. Thanks for your input.

Actually, I think he's spot on. You're using conjecture to perpetuate the notion that all phantom owners are fed up. Unhappy people are much more likely to air a grievance publicly. Very few people will go online to tell the world what a great oil change they got from the guy down the street. But if someone isn't satisfied, 9 out of 10 will go online and tell the world, it's human nature. So where does that leave the statistics. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but currently I would suspect that DJI holds about 85% of the market share for consumer drones. I heard the company could be worth well over $8 Billion. That would translate into millions of units shipped. So if all you got is a few hundred unhappy people on a forum complaining about CS, it stands to reason that there are an awful lot of people out there that have never had to deal with CS, because their bird is working just fine.

Reactions: Laar
Actually, I think he's spot on. You're using conjecture to perpetuate the notion that all phantom owners are fed up. Unhappy people are much more likely to air a grievance publicly. Very few people will go online to tell the world what a great oil change they got from the guy down the street. But if someone isn't satisfied, 9 out of 10 will go online and tell the world, it's human nature. So where does that leave the statistics. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but currently I would suspect that DJI holds about 85% of the market share for consumer drones. I heard the company could be worth well over $8 Billion. That would translate into millions of units shipped. So if all you got is a few hundred unhappy people on a forum complaining about CS, it stands to reason that there are an awful lot of people out there that have never had to deal with CS, because their bird is working just fine.

No hes not! Simple

Sadly, trying to make some people understand this very important FACT is akin to trying to dribble a basketball with no air.

Sadly, trying to make some people understand this very important FACT is akin to trying to dribble a basketball with no air.
Reminds me of old saying Granpap used to say...Sex at age of 90,is like trying to shoot a game of pool with a rope!

No hes not! Simple
I agree with with SoundByte said. I haven't had to use DJI CS, but my boss did. His Mavic Pro malfunctioned on it's maiden flight and dive bombed his Jeep. He sent to DJI and they fixed it and sent it back under warranty. It took a few weeks to get it back, but that's probably fairly typical for consumer electronics.

If you think switching to Yuneec will take you to magical place where customer support isn't "horrid", the you may want to do some research. If you google "yuneec support sucks", you get back over 100k hits.

One thing that you can apparently do with a Yuneec is to remove the NFZ limitations. I saw a YT video that explained that you could call Yuneec and sign a form absolving them of responsibility. Once you send that in, they send you the firmware update to turn off the flight restrictions. It would be nice of DJI offered that.

I own Yuneec Typhoon Hs, and I'm active on the sister forum for Yuneec. And let me give a quick shout-out to my friend @dirkclod.

The H520 is released now, as you probably know, for orders, and will start shipping after Interdrone. It's designed for commercial use.

I try to stay impartial in discussions (arguments?) about the pros and cons of drone manufacturers' products. Why?

Let me just toss in a personal thought here. The good prices and sales that all of us benefit from, whether DJI, Yuneec, and others, are the results of competition. Without competition what happens?

Thanks, this is a great forum. Happy flying!

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl