Youtube Video awful

Reaction score
I just uploaded one of my Video's to youtube and it was simply awful playing back. the original on my computer was awesome. I know the youtube video will not be as clear, but I expected better. I seen video's you guys posted on youtube on this forum and there awesome. What am I doing wrong?

just wait, youtube process it several times, first videos are awful
if you uploaded raw video directly from sd card, at the end it will be same resolution and fps, i.e. fhd with 60 fps etc.

it takes a while to process up to 4k...give it about an hour. Even after the initial process, it still is processing up to 4k. In time you'll notice more HD quality options available

it takes a while to process up to 4k...give it about an hour. Even after the initial process, it still is processing up to 4k. In time you'll notice more HD quality options available

Uploading 4k/2.7k is a waste of time as there probably only 1% or less that have a 4k monitor to view the footage. Should just down-rez the footage to either 1080p/720p and upload in H264 wrapper which make for a much smaller file to upload.

Uploading 4k/2.7k is a waste of time as there probably only 1% or less that have a 4k monitor to view the footage. Should just down-rez the footage to either 1080p/720p and upload in H264 wrapper which make for a much smaller file to upload.

That's your opinion. Alot of people have 4k viewing options out there. 1% with 4k screens ? Where is that fact from ? Problem with 4k is actually loading the video to play because most people have crap Internet.

Reactions: Wolford
720p looks like crap

Whenever someone mentions any issue with 4K, some wiseguy pipes up and says, it's not worth it, go back to using 1080p. LOL.

I appreciate higher res. Lots of content creators are jumping to higher res broadcast because lots of computers now support it. Any recent mac supports well above 1080p resolution, many phones + tablets support higher than 1080p.

Whether some TV at home supports it is totally irrelevant. 4K revolution will not be on your TV/Cable/Sattelite broadcast, 4K revolution will come through the internet.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
That's your opinion. Alot of people have 4k viewing options out there. 1% with 4k screens ? Where is that fact from ? Problem with 4k is actually loading the video to play because most people have crap Internet.
Whenever someone mentions any issue with 4K, some wiseguy pipes up and says, it's not worth it, go back to using 1080p. LOL.

I appreciate higher res. Lots of content creators are jumping to higher res broadcast because lots of computers now support it. Any recent mac supports well above 1080p resolution, many phones + tablets support higher than 1080p.

Whether some TV at home supports it is totally irrelevant. 4K revolution will not be on your TV/Cable/Sattelite broadcast, 4K revolution will come through the internet.

Do either of you have 4k monitors connected to your computers? If you don't then you are not getting the benefits of 4k/2.7k nor will you if it's broadcasted on the internet.

Down-rezzing 4k/2.7k to 1080p will you a much higher resolution picture than what HD can produce

Do either of you have 4k monitors connected to your computers? If you don't then you are not getting the benefits of 4k/2.7k nor will you if it's broadcasted on the internet.

Down-rezzing 4k/2.7k to 1080p will you a much higher resolution picture than what HD can produce

I have a 55 inch 4k TV and a Lenovo Y50 4k uhd SSD laptop. So yes.

Reactions: dirtdummy
So your one of the 1 percenters. Big deal!

Where you getting this 1% from. ? Lol.

you have a link then we can all look :) ?

He's probably not far off. This is from the most recent steam hardware survey:

NB6wczw.png

Steam Hardware & Software Survey

Thats among gamers, who tend to spend a lot more on PC hardware than average.

I had same problem. I tried this one at 720 bloomed awful. So I removed and redid it at 1080 net I'll looks awful. I've seen lots of folks excellent videos on YouTube. What do you have to do to make it look good?
Vids I've uploaded from my iPhone look very good. What's the
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I exported this from Photoshop H264 and "YouTube HD1080"

"Imagine Whirled Peas..."

2-P-3p's
6 batteries

The problem with YouTube is that they downgrade ALL 1080p videos to max 12 Mbps quality. I have uploaded 25 Mbit 1080p videos and after upload they look like crap on youtube because of the crippled bitrate.

Which PC program is the best for getting great looking videos in 12 Mbps from original in 30 Mpbs ? Something like Yiffy has in ripped movies, 2 Mbps for 1080p movie. Maybe Handbrake ?

I had same problem. I tried this one at 720 bloomed awful. So I removed and redid it at 1080 net I'll looks awful. I've seen lots of folks excellent videos on YouTube. What do you have to do to make it look good?
Vids I've uploaded from my iPhone look very good. What's the
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I exported this from Photoshop H264 and "YouTube HD1080"

"Imagine Whirled Peas..."

2-P-3p's
6 batteries
Looks like your camera settings were off judging from the completely gray sky. Looks like you set it up to fix a pic post op but then didn't reset for video. If you're not going to do color corrections and filtering post op then make sure that you have all of the camera settings back in auto. You may have set it for a picture and then not made sure it was back into auto for the video.
Could also be from the wrong lens if you had one on.

sorry guy but don't get snippy at him ,
you asked the question, he simply answered>

Kirk their entitled to their opinions as well I.

I've uploaded many videos to both YouTube as well as Vimeo without any problems or degradation to the video quality. Could be that some are using to high a Mbps. My videos are set at target Mbps of 10 and the Maximum Mbps of 15 and the format is H264. The footage resolution is 4K (3840 x 2160) down-rezed to 1080P as very few have 4K computer monitors let alone 4K TVs at home to truly view Ultra HD footage.

Looks like your camera settings were off judging from the completely gray sky. Looks like you set it up to fix a pic post op but then didn't reset for video. If you're not going to do color corrections and filtering post op then make sure that you have all of the camera settings back in auto. You may have set it for a picture and then not made sure it was back into auto for the video.
Could also be from the wrong lens if you had one on.
Actually it was a grey day. And my settings were at defaults- 0-0-0.
Although I may have had turnstile in DLog. But I did adjust color and contrast in Photoshop Bryant's not what looks horrible. It's the quality of the image overall. Looks terrible and the file I uploaded looks fine.
Not sure how to adjust the mpbs for output.

A video recorded and uploaded to youtube in 4k / 2.7k and then viewed on youube in 1080p will look much better than a file recorded and uploaded in 1080p.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic