YouTube is a pain...

Reaction score
So after hours of editing and even more hours saving the edits and uploading, I had to do it all over again because some of the music I used were mislabeled as free to use. One of which was from YouTube's own library. It has been a rough weekend and week. Apparently you can't just mute the video and replace it with new music because it still holds the copyright files. So I had to start all over from scratch and re-edit from the raw files. So, I know I posted these before but here are my first 3 flights re-edited slightly different from the others and new music that finally passed YouTube's standards. New to flying so go easy on me lol. Hope you enjoy and stay tuned this weekend for Centralia PA, home of the burning coal mines since 1962.

When I post on YouTube I sometimes get the copyright warning, but it basically says that the artist is ok with it and I can't monetize it. I just leave it posted and agree to the terms. Maybe I'm missing something, or there are varying degrees of copyright infringement.

Same thing with me. Some of my videos are ok with warnings only but a few got removed :-(

T
When I post on YouTube I sometimes get the copyright warning, but it basically says that the artist is ok with it and I can't monetize it. I just leave it posted and agree to the terms. Maybe I'm missing something, or there are varying degrees of copyright infringement.
That's wat I was getting but I was searching through music I could monetize with and I guess a couple were mislabeled. Ended up using two from the library and one from audionautix.com where a lot of the library is from. But most don't show the duration which sucks.

So after hours of editing and even more hours saving the edits and uploading, I had to do it all over again because some of the music I used were mislabeled as free to use. One of which was from YouTube's own library. It has been a rough weekend and week. Apparently you can't just mute the video and replace it with new music because it still holds the copyright files. So I had to start all over from scratch and re-edit from the raw files. So, I know I posted these before but here are my first 3 flights re-edited slightly different from the others and new music that finally passed YouTube's standards. New to flying so go easy on me lol. Hope you enjoy and stay tuned this weekend for Centralia PA, home of the burning coal mines since 1962.

happened to me yesterday i was really mad, i was able to get around it by following these videos guidelines

happened to me yesterday i was really mad, i was able to get around it by following these videos guidelines
Are you able to monetize that way? I try to monetize everything but the worst part is finding something that fits the duration and the theme of the video. All the good stuff is copyrighted and some of them are mislabeled. I've gotten to the point where after I save an edit, I'll leave the editor open until I upload to YouTube and see what happens. If I have problems, I'll delete it and just change the music and save the edit again. I use Movie Maker and it takes my laptop forever just to open a video up in it.

Off topic a liitle your videos are nice but to long (this is just my opinion) i dont mean to affend you but i think people can get bored after 2 minutes unless if its cram packed with lots of variations of filming and locations, its hard deleting scenes when editing but i think anything over 2 minutes you can lose interest!!

Off topic a liitle your videos are nice but to long (this is just my opinion) i dont mean to affend you but i think people can get bored after 2 minutes unless if its cram packed with lots of variations of filming and locations, its hard deleting scenes when editing but i think anything over 2 minutes you can lose interest!!
They were just test runs. Nothing special. Wanted to try it out before going to the bigger stuff. Centralia PA should be fun. Especially if its cold out and steam is rising from the ground. Modern day silent hill :)

They were just test runs. Nothing special. Wanted to try it out before going to the bigger stuff. Centralia PA should be fun. Especially if its cold out and steam is rising from the ground. Modern day silent hill :)
That sounds cool bud as I said that's just my preference I'm certainly no expert

That sounds cool bud as I said that's just my preference I'm certainly no expert
No problem. Everybody has their own tastes. Thanks for watching :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20