Yesterday i drove near 100 miles round trip to fly !

Reaction score
I have a long time friend with cancer.....hes not doing good at all with the chemo....you know what that chemo treatments can sure do to you and the way you feel......i had told him about my new drone...and he told me to please drive down to see him and fly the drone for him....he has lost lots of weight and still has a pretty good spirit about him and hes 82 years old.....I got the drone out...and he wanted to hold it and look at it.....he was amazed at it and all the features that i told him about....Then he handed it back to me and said....Ok let see it fly.......I talked him thru the whole set up thing as i walked out and set it down and brought UP the wifi and Go app.....Then i told Him......Ok its time to FLY......he was Thrilled at the ^ Straight UP take off and go around to my landing spot to hover about 5 feet high and then l flew it out away in a straight line about 150 feet away and then fly it back.....I took several pictures of us and several close in videos too....The area i flew in was great and it was pasture and no trees or overhead wires..."A Challenge " have you did this for a friend that's got some thing that handicaps them........If not you sure need to...Its a day that i will never forget and my long time great friend neither !

Very nice of you! Awesome Story :D

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I have a long time friend with cancer.....hes not doing good at all with the chemo....you know what that chemo treatments can sure do to you and the way you feel......i had told him about my new drone...and he told me to please drive down to see him and fly the drone for him....he has lost lots of weight and still has a pretty good spirit about him and hes 82 years old.....I got the drone out...and he wanted to hold it and look at it.....he was amazed at it and all the features that i told him about....Then he handed it back to me and said....Ok let see it fly.......I talked him thru the whole set up thing as i walked out and set it down and brought UP the wifi and Go app.....Then i told Him......Ok its time to FLY......he was Thrilled at the ^ Straight UP take off and go around to my landing spot to hover about 5 feet high and then l flew it out away in a straight line about 150 feet away and then fly it back.....I took several pictures of us and several close in videos too....The area i flew in was great and it was pasture and no trees or overhead wires..."A Challenge " have you did this for a friend that's got some thing that handicaps them........If not you sure need to...Its a day that i will never forget and my long time great friend neither !
That was a great story. I am glade you made his day.!!☺

My Hope IS........I have inspired others to do this.....Thank You all !

Reactions: Robert P
My Hope IS........I have inspired others to do this.....Thank You all !
That's a wonderful story big guy, proves you can be part of a greater humanity whilst pursuing an otherwise solo hobby. I posted a story some time ago where I sat with an elderly lady who had recently lost her husband,dropped a set of goggles on her head and we flew around the town and lake where we live. She had no idea what the place looked like from the air and became quite emotional when it was all over. Doubt either of us will ever forget it.
Well done to you sir!

Thanks to all who have read my story and also to all the ones that read it have added a wonderful comment ! i will post a picture of us both here soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3