Yellow flashing lights...

Reaction score
Hello all!
We recently purchased a Phantom Vision 2 Plus. We also own a Phantom 1 and have flown it for a year now.

So here's what's happened: our first test flight with the new Phantom was perfect. Easy calibration. Easy up, easy down, great video. Stopped when battery ran low. Recharged it. No error messages from app.

Two day later, took it to a new location, not more than three miles from first location. Easy calibration. Easy up, easy down. Battery warning light flashes on app. We move to a new location, not more than 1/4 mile from where we just flew less than 5 minutes ago. Put in new battery. Run through setup. Immediately see the error message "IMU Calibration Required" on phone screen. We didn't have the laptop with us, so we packed it up and called it day for the Phantom.

This morning, we use the Assistant Software to recalibrate the IMU. It says it's successful. Take it in the middle of a field to attempt to fly it. After power up, yellow lights begin to flash. Try to calibrate the compass. It won't. The motors won't start. Joysticks were in proper position as was toggle switch. No errors showing on app. Tried to rebind the RC unit. Via the lights, it was successful. But still, only yellow rapid flashing lights on Phantom. Take it back, hook it up to the RC Assistant software. Can move sticks to show up on there. But still only yellow flashing lights on quad after power cycle.

Have a RMA to send it back. But thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this. As I said, this was only our third flight. No crashes, no close crashes. Heck, the propellors are still clean.

Thanks for reading the short novel. :) I love what I saw in the short time I saw it!

I am assuming you have the controller turned on and it has a green power light? If you are getting flashing yellow lights, it means the Phantom isn't connected to the controller. If this is the case, and you look on the underside of the Phantom, you will also see a blinking red light coming from a hole in the undercarriage. The blinking red light is on the receiver, and it is telling you it isn't bound to a controller. To correct this situation you need to rebind the Phantom to the controller. With Phantom on and the controller off, use an object to press the button recessed into the hole, then turn on the controller. The receiver should bind to the controller, the red light on the receiver should turn off, and the yellow flashing lights should stop.

Yes, the RC Controllerl is turned on. Yes, it has a green light. Yes, we followed the steps in the manual to rebind it (see original post). It shows it is rebound but the yellow light continues. Thanks for the suggestion. :) The third suggestio in the manual says send it in for repair, so we going to return it.

What concerns me most is the IMU Calibration needed on the third flight. I can't believe that is normal when we never had to do it with our first Phantom and the Software Assistant says you should never need to do it. But even so, on it's second flight of the second time we flew it?

Yes, we have two batteries. Both were brand new and fully charged. The original problem happened when we switched batteries after a perfect flight. So maybe you are on to something there. The flashing looked similar to yours except I do not think we had a red flash at end as you did. We were outside and it's hard to tell. But I do know it constantly flashed yellow. Did you get the IMU recalibration message before the flashing?

Geert,

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately we will not know for sure if you are right (I suspect you are) because UPS picked it up for return before I read your post. But I will know if it happens on the next one what it might be. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94