Yellow Flashing Lights after 4.02

Reaction score
Firstly*** I have extensively read the manual and other posts. I have changed it to D-Bus after updating to 4.02 and importing parameters. Please save your mouse clicks and keyboard by telling me to change to D-Bus or rebind the Tx. :)

I upgraded my Phantom v1.1.1 to Firmware version 4.02 on the 28/12/13 and have not been able to use it since. After the first upgrade, I was able to change it to D-Bus and calibrated my Tx successfully. I think was in the process of calibrating my switches on the Tx when it changed from Gps to Failsafe. Ever since then, I have updated the firmware countless times (which Naza assistant lets me do. Current Version: 4.02 -> Upgrade to Version 4.02 - WTF) :?:

After upgrading to 4.02, powercycling, Importing Parameters, Powercycling, Changing to D-Bus, PowerCycling, I have a big problem.

1. I have yellow flashing lights at the front and a solid Red LED (indicating an unbinded Tx). I try to bind the Tx but doing the proceedure shows no change on the Rx's red light. It flashes then goes straight back to solid.

2. When I plug the Phantom into the USB and open Naza-M V2, it shows as failsafe.

3. I've tried calibrating it, but each time it's 'Too Hot'. I've breifly cooled it down by putting it in the fridge for 10 mins (not enough for condensation to build up). I no longer got the 'too hot' message and calibration proceeded, however it was still in failsafe mode at the end of the cali.

I feel like the 4.02 has a severe bug in it, and have contacted my distributor, who has told me to take it up with DJI support. I've emailed DJI support asking for a warranty claim, however I have not heard back from them.

Anyone had and fixed the issue described? :shock:

As an addendum, I have also tried to downgrade firmware using the door + Test / 125 method. It works, however you cannot use the assistant as it INSISTS you upgrade in order to use any calibration or other settings.

Addendum 2:

I am also getting the error message -

CFG-ERR: Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.

Hi

I have same kind of problems with Phantom 2.

I have not fly an inch with it.

I upgraded fimwares etc. before first light because it was suggested.

It's blinking yellow light(long not constant) Phantom 2 starts, motors reacts to TX but can't get it in the air.

I have also written to DJI...no response. I upgraded about every firmware but they are still showing in upgrade page. Only battery says: no updates??

Little annoying!

Is it necessary to upgrade to the latest firmware? My Phantom (1.1.1) flies very nicely and I would hate to encounter a situation like this. (If it works, don't fix it). On most of my helicopters, the flybarless controllers are always prompting an update, but mine work so good I don't bother. I'm just wondering if these upgrades are required.

Hi All, I too am encountering this problem. I keep connecting the phantom to the naza software to see if it resolves and it says that everything is fine. So I go out and test it and it works.....for a while. On two occasions, whilst in flight, the lights have flipped from green to flashing yellow and will not change back. Fortunately I have not lost total control of it and I have managed to land safely but now I am afraid to fly it incase I lose it or it gets damaged. It sometimes just goes straight to the 'yellows' upon battery insertion too. So I calibrate and it still shows the 'yellows'. Very annoyed with this crappy firmware release. I work in software and we would never get away with this poor testing.

I am about to email DJI to see what they have to say about it, so I'll post their response once I get one....

I am having the same problem. Upgraded as part of assembly and now I am getting the constant yellow flashing lights. I am unable to fly or correct. Can't reach dji and they don't return emails. Very disappointed and rather discouraged.

I started a thread on this same issue. Seems like there are quite a few of us with the same issues. I haven't wrote to DJI because I've read they don't respond at all.

I too am getting error messages. Started with error 27 and now its 29 which is the config error.

I am going to take my Phantom to DSLR Pros today so they can have a look. Will let you know if there is any solution.

In the meantime please keep the suggestions and ideas going. thanks,

Following the upgrade, everyone needs to make sure they took the following steps:

1. Check to make sure the receiver type has been set to D-Bus (sometimes it gets switched to PPM during the upgrade)

2. Import the default Phantom settings file from DJI's website

3. Calibrate IMU, Calibrate compass, check values in the software to make sure they're in acceptable ranges

4. Make sure the proper rotor type (QuadRotorX) has been chosen in the "Mixer" section in the software (can also get changed to the wrong one during the upgrade)

Just recieved this from DJI -

"
Did you try to press the receiver button to rebind the TX? What was the indicator lights?
You can try to use a servo cable to connect the F1 and F2(short circuit) , then connect the phantom to PC, upgrate the firware again.
Any questions, please feel free to let me know."

I tried it, and still have a grounded Phantom.

Same issue here:

1. Phantom 1.1.1 worked fine out of the box in all regards.
2. Added Zenmuse gimbal, new (updated) main board and performed firmware update to 4.02.
3. Result was flashing yellow light and no connectivity between the transmitter and the Phantom as evidenced by no stick movement visible in Naza Assistant. The Assistant displays that it is in "failsafe" status.
4. My attempts to resolve have included:
A. Change R/C to D-Bus
B. Re-bound the transmitter and receiver
C. Imported parameters
D. Calibrated the transmitter
E. Updated the firmware in the transmitter via RC Assistant and performed a stick calibration while connected via USB
F. Performed the Advanced calibration within Naza Assistant
G. Tried to contact dji support with no success
H. Installed Naza Assistant on multiple PC's to rule out PC issue as a possible factor
I. Have NOT been able to calibrate the compass (the dance) since Phantom goes directly into failsafe mode (power up light sequence: RGY, RGY, GGGG, YYYYYYYY......)

I'm hoping that someone will discover the fix for what has now become a very attractive brick.

Same issue.

I did bind the TX/RX as the light went from green flashing to off when the TX is off and Red when the TX is off.

Still TX/RX not working, and rapid yellow flashing. the software does not recognize the TX (regardless of mode it is on).

Bought a second RX and replaced, it did not help. Called and emails DJI and no response.

Joel

Noob here also. I, too, got the constant yellow light. Went back on naza assistant and pretty did everything all over again just like anyone here. Under RC tab, if it sets for PPM..nothing happens but constant yellow flashes. I then switched it to D-Bus...everything works...i was able to clear the compass calibration error with the proper gps compass calibration successfully. I have also enabled IOC. I have yet to take it out for a flight yet. Too scare frankly, lol. I am hoping that home lock function and failsafe home&land would work.

I have the FC40. Updated to 4.02fw.

My question here is..hoping that someone here has already fixed this issue and should steer us in the right direction. anyhow, is it d-bus that im supposed to be on? Or PPM? If in dbus mode, did the gps, homelock function work?

Much thx.

dgj said:
Same issue here:

1. Phantom 1.1.1 worked fine out of the box in all regards.
2. Added Zenmuse gimbal, new (updated) main board and performed firmware update to 4.02.
3. Result was flashing yellow light and no connectivity between the transmitter and the Phantom as evidenced by no stick movement visible in Naza Assistant. The Assistant displays that it is in "failsafe" status.
4. My attempts to resolve have included:
A. Change R/C to D-Bus
B. Re-bound the transmitter and receiver
C. Imported parameters
D. Calibrated the transmitter
E. Updated the firmware in the transmitter via RC Assistant and performed a stick calibration while connected via USB
F. Performed the Advanced calibration within Naza Assistant
G. Tried to contact dji support with no success
H. Installed Naza Assistant on multiple PC's to rule out PC issue as a possible factor
I. Have NOT been able to calibrate the compass (the dance) since Phantom goes directly into failsafe mode (power up light sequence: RGY, RGY, GGGG, YYYYYYYY......)

I'm hoping that someone will discover the fix for what has now become a very attractive brick.
My fix was the "connect F1 and F2 port with a 3-pin servo cable, then do the firmware upgrade again to restore it" solution. Found this in the dji "Naza-M Flight Testing Problems" Wiki as well as in forums. All is well.

Hi I have a phantom one with upgraded board I've just updated the firmware and I have the same problem could you please tell me what I can do to fix this I have no compass details on naza and no gps and it's set to ppm but when I change to dbus the tx is showing as not working this is really frustrating

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this yet? I tried to change RX, firmware version and I have gone through every procedure I could find on line and I still can't get the naza to have communication with my TX. Anyone??????

I still have had no luck. I went through everything and even went back to version 3.16 to no avail. I do not have TX even though the red light next to bind button indicates it is bound. I have also checked the RX input and switched between sbus, and the other two to see if one might work. I even used a rx from my taranis and still nothing in the naza software. This is getting to get old. Can anyone offer some more input? Please...
Thank you
Clinton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20