Years experience with Quadcopters?

Been in RC for 32 years but most of that was ground vehicles (Electric and Nitro Monster trucks). I tried out airplanes when I was in the Air Force but was never a good pilot. I was good at building them and I enjoyed repairing my crashed planes.

Got into muilti's about 3 years ago. Started with a toy grade quad and within a few weeks outgrew it and started building my own. I have a room full of kits and parts now. Just started flying the P3's when I came across a deal I could not pass up. AP flying is really what I enjoy so the Phantoms are perfect. I do still like flying my faster quads (No racers).

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Been flying my P3A for about 6 months but I've flown some of the cheaper drones over the years. I decided to upgrade from the cheap "made in China" stuff to the expensive "made in China" stuff. I actually feel more comfortable flying these compared to the cheaper, harder to handle, drones. I'm sure I'll crash one day, but I haven't yet, and I hope when I do, I won't hurt anyone or myself because I took the proper precautions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

22 years flying. Started with stick kits then scratch built. Small to 1/4 scale. Helies for a while now just quads the last five years.

My first RC was a Red Baron bi-wing replica, gas motor one speed the only RC was flaps and tail, I repaired it so many times it had no original part except the RC and motor LoL the last I saw it was when I replaced the motor with one a friend let me try which was WAY to big and had a real throttle, since I only had flaps and tail RC We made the mistake of putting a coat hanger on the flaps every time I tried to bring it down it maxed out the motor and we never saw it again! True story! I bought a small hello call a dragon, made in Taiwan electric it lasted several years and must have been a single model because I've never seen another one! But then I found the joy of Quadcopters and haven't looked back bought a P3A from a friend who crashed it, which I probably could have got for free but paid 30 dollars, replaced two motors and retired it where it had shorted flew wonderfully, then purchased a P3pro, the only Drone I haven't crashed! Because my wife accidentally ran over it(don't ask),,, and now my P4 which is my baby! I haven't crashed this one either, yet, can't say it won't happen but I do take very good care of it and keep it far from my wife haha, I have a Mavic still on order, but am seriously thinking about a P4P+ for work, I'm on disability so at times I do some video work for realtors in the area. So all in all 25 yrs

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl