Yay a fish

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Took the p4 drone fishing today,,,I let these little sharks go,,good size Kawhi so I keep fillets for me tea,,bottom picture was my back drop scenery ,,the water was dirty after storm but me just wanted to get out,,,few moments I was anxious due to strong winds risking line entanglement but handled it,,even story mode working hard to get back in shore,since windy the drone hovered on angle due to wind which made for tricky flying with a line in tow,great fun anyway
20190819_114936.jpg
20190819_120840.jpg
20190819_135410.jpg
screen_55102523c73fde1e_1566169682000.jpg

Never tried fishing with a drone..seen a couple of videos with people doing it. what sort have setup have got on your P4 to catch some fish?
This all I use..a stainless wire off back conected to old gimble mount holder,,I just hover in sport mode and swivel off the trace just sits on and away I go and line peels off surf caster till I run out of line or when I tighten drag on the reel,only take 4 baits and sinker now but sure it can handle more without snapping the plastic,,best way ever to get past the breakers,,surcaster reel only hold just over 500ft of braided line so limited on that side till I change reel,yep braided 38kg line,,I hate line snapping when catching fish,and if it should get tangled in props I can pull me drone back to the beach
15661824968237493524106441809650.jpg

I still use the Gannet Sport. Too scared to try anything else. It’s foolproof for fools like me. Waiting for my preorder for the new XSport, that has mechanical (stop the reel) or electronic release (C2 button).
I don’t recognize the shark species, different from any I’ve seen here in the Gulf of Mexico. The other fish looks like our spotted sea trout (has two long teeth in front, not much else). If it has lots of teeth, it’s sorta shaped like an Atlantic Bluefish. But they ain’t got no spots. Enjoyed the pictures, glad you made it out. I’ll be out as soon as I recover from surgery.

I still use the Gannet Sport. Too scared to try anything else. It’s foolproof for fools like me. Waiting for my preorder for the new XSport, that has mechanical (stop the reel) or electronic release (C2 button).
I don’t recognize the shark species, different from any I’ve seen here in the Gulf of Mexico. The other fish looks like our spotted sea trout (has two long teeth in front, not much else). If it has lots of teeth, it’s sorta shaped like an Atlantic Bluefish. But they ain’t got no spots. Enjoyed the pictures, glad you made it out. I’ll be out as soon as I recover from surgery.
Ah scary word that surgery , hope you back on your feet and better soon,,I just up and about too after lots or rest,,I break a rib above my heart which caused all sorts of issues,no i not know how either unless it related to a crash i had at xmas time on a kids bike ,,I thought my head took the impact due to nice hole above me eye,,note to self,,stay off kids bikes,,lol,,stick to flying now......it was fun though,,,to many pills also had me struggling with vertigo to point where safer just to sit down,can't wait to be able to cough ,,,take care all and stay well,,life just to precious

Sounds good send a pic when it arrives,, not big shark thankfully I not keen on getting pulled in water off the beach,I not weigh very much and using 38kg braided line it's certainly fun,,reminds me a a full on stand off with big sting ray I'm Wellington harbour,,anyway the shark had some nasty barbs by the fin like a stingray so I not play with it,they both swim off after release,,,not sure if ok to eat like most shark got high mercury in it
Screenshot_20190820-192042_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190820-192130_Chrome.jpg

Ian,
Very cool. Will send pics of XSport when it arrives. I did not recognize it as a dogfish, ours live in the NE US. Colder water. So glad you were able to make it out. Take care

Our dogfish were threatened also, so they became protected. Big mistake, there are so many now, that they are wiping out other species. Some times conservation backfires.

Had to change me high tech deployment system lol,,simple and works great,,,yip pushed weight limit on other and it snapped above land when testing,,after all it was only a gimble guard,,

15668900964233553626669870514038.jpg
made someone happy today,,they catch nothing so I give them the live bait I had on me line while trying to catch kingfish,,I catch this and after livebaiting I give it away,,I was also to lazy to fillet it
20190827_153404.jpg

? Was surprised when this oldie popped up. Will look you up ian if I (n)ever make it down there. Would love it. Til then, keep sending pics especially beach and fishing. Rainbows ok too!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj