Yaw Drift on Automated Flights (Heading Drift)

Reaction score
I'm seeing a yaw drift when running flight lines with automated software including DroneDeploy and UGCS so it's not a software issue. This is after compass calibration and appears to be doing it at multiple altitudes. I've seen a few other reports of this but have not found any conclusions, confirmations from DJI, or solutions?

Following. My P4P V1 does this.

Following. My P4P V1 does this.
Same period as of the last 6 months or so we have two V1 and one V2 that are doing this with autonomous software. As I posted on one of the other threads with similar characteristics I am working with the software engineers, but I'm hoping it isn't a recent DJI firmware issue which is more likely since it is happening with multiple softwares. Maybe something changed in the sdk?

Many times when it appears the copter is going sideways slightly in Live View, it is because the camera is slightly off center. I have experienced this from to time with all my DJI systems.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Many times when it appears the copter is going sideways slightly in Live View, it is because the camera is slightly off center. I have experienced this from to time with all my DJI systems.
That's a good tip, but should not have any effect in a mapping scenario. The drone should always point directly towards the next waypoint with this way the software is engineered. It travels in that straight line, but the drone itself is crabbing. At first we thought this was because of it compensating for wind, but it should be rolling and tilting not yawing. That was then disproven by flying on a completely calm day you can actually see the yaw increase in the middle of the run of the flight line and because it is a consistent degree at the worst point it is much less noticeable on long runs and very noticeable I'm sure lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20