Xiaomi Drone will be released at $100 from igeekphone news to compete DJI

Reaction score
I read the news about Xiaomi UAV rc drone on igeekphone, a Chinese tech RC blog, it says Xiaomi UAV RC Drone only cost 100usd? Is it real? Anyone have got the real photos about it. Please show me. I am very interested in it. When did DJI release such cheap rc quadcopter?

That "article" reads like a poorly translated press release. No details whatsoever. There's no way a $100 quad is going to compete with anything DJI is currently offering.

Reactions: N017RW
DJI is a step or two above "toy" quadcopters.... DJI will not produce a $100 anything.... except maybe an accessory or spare battery...

You joined this forum just to ask us about the rumour on $100 Xiaomi drone? Sounds like a marketing staff from Xiaomi. Those 2 photos on the article look like a DJI Phantom 2.

Anyway that $100 drone probably going to compete with those cheap Syma X5C or X8C. The CX-20 is going to kick its *** for features. The DJI Phantoms is going to be in a totally different class to it, not even worth comparing.

Xiaomi is famous for producing product at amazing low price while still have quite advance hardware comparable to big boy such as Samsung, Apple in the cel phone world

To be 100% honest. While I love my phantoms, I can also see HUGE profit margin in DJI product such as phantom 4 and inspire. Huge profit margin that can be slash by competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The CX-20 is going to kick its *** for features.
If it's the quad I'm thinking of, I don't think I've ever seen any usable footage from a CX-20. Between the shaky footage (no gimbal) and the video jello (no vibration dampers) it's pretty terrible. Might have a bunch of features, but quality video won't be one of them.

If it's the quad I'm thinking of, I don't think I've ever seen any usable footage from a CX-20. Between the shaky footage (no gimbal) and the video jello (no vibration dampers) it's pretty terrible. Might have a bunch of features, but quality video won't be one of them.
That is why anyone who owns a CX-20 and knows how to produce good footage WILL have a 3 axis gimbal installed.

That is why anyone who owns a CX-20 and knows how to produce good footage WILL have a 3 axis gimbal installed.
It looks like they're in the $200-$300 range based on a quick Google search, plus the costs of a camera and gimbal. Why not just spend a bit more and get a P3S, which is the complete package ? I'm not being facetious - are there other features that the P3 series lacks?

Although I like my Cx-20 and have own 3 of them (different brand/same quad) over the past 2 yrs(each under $200). They all share some major issue that as far as I can tell was never fix

1. The quad have issue getting into compass calib mode.

2. The quad have serious stability issue when it get close to ground such as landing)

3. The cap on the motor control broad tend to break and fall off

4. The body and landing gear material is pretty cheap and brittle. I think similar to p2

But for sub 200 buck. It is a lot of fun to bomb around!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

UAV is not a phone or a toy, it's quality should be extremely safe, else it would make serious damage. I really worry about Xiaomi's quality.

Xiaomi offers two types of drones, the cheaper one can only record 1080p video and the more expensive edition support 4K video recording.
The 1080p version cost ¥2499 CNY($380) and the other one cost ¥2999 CNY($455).
But I think it's just a toy, firstly it can only take picture in JPG and don't support RAW filetype. Secondly, it's said that a drone was accidentally fall down in it press conference.
Oh, apology for my poor English.

it is not usd 100. its around 400. and for me its pretty good for its price. i read it somewhere that it capable of 4K, and raw picture, 27 minutes flytime, 2km range, gps+glonass, vps. i mean its enough if you just wanna fly around taking shots for vacation. that price tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen